Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optivisors

Default Optivisors

I'm wondering if anyone has a preference on a good optivisor. I've looked at cookies at around 40 but wonder if it's a case of the more you spend the better they are or does a cheap one do

I don't know if the cheaper ones are any good. I've had my optivisor for about 15 years and it's still going strong so I guess it's money well spent.

Hi Caroline,

I also bought a 40-50 Optivisor from Cooksons and I find it essential for flush setting small stones, so its money well spent for me too.

Nick

I am looking to get one from Cooksons, having got fed up with my cheapo one that keeps falling off my head every time I bend down to pick up the stuff I've dropped.
    I'm not really sure which magnification to get though, any recommendations please?
    Cathy

I have an OptiVISOR - plastic lenses rather than glass, LX4 so 2x magnification and a 10" focal distance. TBH - while I use it a lot - the focal distance is a bit short and I have to watch out for hunching over things when I'm using it.

The solution, obviously, is surgeons' loupes... The cost is quite high though.

Thanks Peter, I tend to hunch anyway!

My Optivisor has been gathering dust for the last few years and I've just been using the bog standard 3 x magnification glasses
    you can pick up from the chemist for 10, these give me far more latitude with the focal length than as Peter says stuck at 10 inches.
    (Using them to sawpierce )

Carlton
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

Thanks All useful info just need to decide what magnification I need now. Glasses wouldn't be much good on top of my own specs so think it will have to be a visor

I already wear 3x reading glasses just to locate my workbench! - so I need a visor on top.