Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optivisors

Default Optivisors

I'm wondering if anyone has a preference on a good optivisor. I've looked at cookies at around £40 but wonder if it's a case of the more you spend the better they are or does a cheap one do

I don't know if the cheaper ones are any good. I've had my optivisor for about 15 years and it's still going strong so I guess it's money well spent.

Hi Caroline,

I also bought a £40-50 Optivisor from Cooksons and I find it essential for flush setting small stones, so its money well spent for me too.

Nick

I am looking to get one from Cooksons, having got fed up with my cheapo one that keeps falling off my head every time I bend down to pick up the stuff I've dropped.
    I'm not really sure which magnification to get though, any recommendations please?
    Cathy

I have an OptiVISOR - plastic lenses rather than glass, LX4 so 2x magnification and a 10" focal distance. TBH - while I use it a lot - the focal distance is a bit short and I have to watch out for hunching over things when I'm using it.

The solution, obviously, is surgeons' loupes... The cost is quite high though.

Thanks Peter, I tend to hunch anyway!

My Optivisor has been gathering dust for the last few years and I've just been using the bog standard 3 x magnification glasses
    you can pick up from the chemist for £10, these give me far more latitude with the focal length than as Peter says stuck at 10 inches.
    (Using them to sawpierce )

Carlton
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

Thanks All useful info just need to decide what magnification I need now. Glasses wouldn't be much good on top of my own specs so think it will have to be a visor

I already wear 3x reading glasses just to locate my workbench! - so I need a visor on top.