Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still around

Default Still around

Hi lovely cookie people.

Just wanted to check in and say I'm still around. Been dealing with a few curveballs lately, not least of which has been a heavy bout of depression. It can hit me like a train sometimes and although there's nothing anyone can do, in the spirit of openness I just wanted to explain my absence.

I'm also trying to pack ready for a move to my new flat in a couple of weeks (something I find quite stressful), so I'll try and pop in when I can but it will be sporadic. I just didn't want people to think I'd taken all their amazing help and disappeared into the sunset without so much as a thank you.

Look forward to joining you all again soon!

Vos
    All the gear and no idea

Hi Vos!
    I hope you are feeling better!
    As a sufferer of depression myself i have to say I admire your honesty. I hope you are over the hump now and can see a positive move coming up ..with your new flat . Moving is always stressful but a fresh start and a change of scenery could be a kick start in a positive way. Just gotta get your bench and all your gear set back up quick!
    Sam

Hi Vos

I was wondering where you were.

Take care of yourself, moving is so stressful but look forward to when its all over

Welcome back Vos and good luck with your move. Dennis.

Good luck with the move Vos - hope it means you end up with a lovely new workspace!

Hi Vos. Good luck with the move. Hope it's not too stressful.

Sending you good juju - hope it is as stress free as possible.

Hi Voss,
    Well, take the positives out of managing to post a message on here!! I know how hard that can be. I was served a curveball 8 years ago which has resulted in a long battle with depression, which I am winning, but more particularly anxiety for me.
    Keep in touch when you are up to it!!
    Tabby x

Hi voss,
    Yep I know what it feels like too, us creative types eh lol
    I've barely been on but that's because I'm in the middle of a very exciting project. A few of you know but I'll update you all when the time is right!
    Hope everyone is ok
    Love to you all
    X
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Hi, depression hits us all at some time in our lives, mine, thank goodness was only temporary. When I lost my eye first of all four years ago, they gave me one "off the shelf", a yellowy green, not only did it look awful, but kids would say to their mum, aw look at that womans eye, which made me even more self concious. I still had one good eye, but in my mind, I thought it would stop me from doing the things I wanted to, then I had to contend with general day to day living, things getting knocked over and spilt, doors walked into because you lose the distance judgement, so what did I do, go out unknown to my husband for a drive up the road, just to prove I still could and then started making small silver jewellery and my daughter bought me a Labrador dog to make sure that I didnt hibernate, knowing that I would go out every day walking with it. Its so lovely seeing my dogs (I now have two Border Terriers as well) so happy and its lovely to be greeted every morning with a lick and waggy tails, perhaps you could get one (I know its only cupboard love as they want their breakfast, but I can delude myself). By the way my very disabled friend is moving house very soon, she lives on her own and has enlisted help from friends to put stuff in the "chuck away box", "charity shop box" and clear cupboards and loft. So I know how stressed she is, its a big thing to do, but its a hurdle that you can feel proud of conquering. Best of luck with the move and let us know how you get on.