Thread: new rings

Default new rings

Two new rings, commissioned in the pre-season rush and off to the customer's tomorrow!! Not my usual style....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	7267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2552.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	7268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2555.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	7269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2556.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	7270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2566.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	7271

The first is a 9ct white gold beaded, wide band, ring

The second is a sterling silver skeleton ring (not the easiest to photograph in one go!!)

Hopefully the recipients will be pleased!!

I really like the first one.
    Nice simple design, i like simple pieces.

The skeleton one has some great detail in also.

Out of interest and a little off topic. What setup do you have for your photos? All the fine detail in these is amazing!

I like your anatomy lesson Jill. Looks like a nifty bit of wax carving. Dennis.

I like them both Jill, but my fave is the first one, as I like simple too. xxx
    Jules

My favourite is the first one too, so much so, I have made myself one as a thumb ring, I've never taken to wearing one before, but it really is comfortable, simple but eye catching!! The skeleton, isn't my cup of tea, but an interesting make, copying a base metal (lead with copper and silver plate) ring which the owner asked me to remake.....hopefully they will both be pleased.

My photo set-up is one of these.....http://www.suttontools.co.uk/worksho...-lightbox.html Having tried many other variations of photo set-ups, I can honestly say this is the best yet by far!! All I have done is crop and lighten the images in iPhoto.

I too like the first one best, as like others I prefer simple although I know its more about what the customer wants!

Presumably you cast the skeleton ring from the customers existing ring? If so, then did you send it away for lost wax casting to capture all the detail?

Nick

Yes Nick, I got the mold cutter to make me a 'semi-heated' mold, which the original ring would stand, then to the casters to be cast in silver. Originally tried to sprue the ring, since it 'appeared' to be copper, only to find that it was lead!! This damaged part of the shank, but the casters put extra wax in that area for me to file and shape once cast.