Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
If you don`t fancy spending a fortune, get a benchmate system & remain old school.
This will take alot of pressure off your clamp holding hand & you`ll find it helps alot...this is because it holds the work alot tighter than you can by hand & you don`t lose that energy generated..so you`ll find cutting alot easier.
I have got one find it easier and quicker with just ring clamps never get any hand strain ,if your pushing that hard you're getting hand strain your doing it wrong ther is no need to push on any job that hard you will end up braking a lot of stones
And damaging the job especially if you slipp you will plow straight across it , the amount of setters I have taught first
Started of with scorpers like chiseled ends but when I taught the have very fine thin tips and very sharp with a technique
I developed they could not believe the difference how much less effort was envoled and they stopped braking stones
I saved on company over £20,000 a year were there setters were braking stones left Wright and center
You must be doing it wron