Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Anyone Interested In Buying a Ready Set Up Jewellery Business?

Perhaps if it had been posted as business for sale and we been able to look at it. There would have been no need for any costs being discussed on here unless there was interest and in that case a private conversation. It isn't unrealistic to ask questions on the information given.

Quote Originally Posted by glass22 View Post
    Although I do find it insulting that anyone discusses the value of social when they have almost no social presence.
    Interesting choice of words. It is possible to analyse and form an opinion without needing to partake. Take LD50 tests, for example.
    My opinion is that there is a lot of the Emperor's New Clothes about social media and its actual value; cf the dot-com bubbles already gone.

Apologies if i've offended or appeared to gang up....I think folk have been trying to understand what is for sale here, so haven't asked for company name, design details, financial details,.....just more general information,.....enabling clarification and the ability to be able to seriously consider and PM for information that may be more sensitive.

My concern at the moment is that the available 'commodity' of followers for sale via a variety of social media platforms, will not all be transferable from fashion/ lower priced jewellery to 'one-off' £100+ per piece items.....my experience is those are different audiences.....as such the existing audience may not have the value for the perceived audience??

Tabby

The simple fact is,

If you don't feel thousands of people instantly seeing your product is worth buying, don't buy it.

If you don't feel adding trust to your brand is worth anything, don't buy it.

If you put a good quality product in front of enough people, someone will love it and buy it.

Hi Glass22, sorry but I do not know your name, please remember that this is a Forum run on peoples opinions and suggestions. Those of us that make items for a living are not of the same thinking as maybe you are. I have thousands of followers all around the world on social media, but I never attempt to sell my items to them. Like others I am not that clear on what you are trying to sell, I have read through this posting and nowhere is there a reference to a website that refers to who you are or what you may be trying to sell. Is there a reason why?

James

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Interesting choice of words. It is possible to analyse and form an opinion without needing to partake.
    And that is also an interesting choice of words. Social media is exactly that: the environment to nurture the ability form an opinion without needing to partake. I suggest that the great following Glass22 has built up would be immediately put at risk (if not entirely jeopardised) by a stepwise change to an entirely different merchandise type.

Glass22, I'm intrigued by what appear to me to be conflicting ideas:
    • touting bespoke individually hand made bespoke jewellery to a market that is built up on (cheap(er)) mass market piece-together components

• confusing your customer base of, dare I suggest costume jewellery customers with precious metals

• the idea that you can think to build up a certain level of 'trust' and then sell it.

• confusing 'likes' with sales

• missing the apprentice to master craftsman life-long progression and status of many on here (and I don't include myself in that)

However, 'tis the season of good will and all that and I wish you well in your pursuit of a sale - but maybe you're barking up the wrong tree.

I often wish there was a like button on here but really I think all this liking business is laziness when you can't be bothered to make proper contact. It means absolutely nothing most of the time!