Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Interested In Buying a Ready Set Up Jewellery Business?

Default Is Anyone Interested In Buying a Ready Set Up Jewellery Business?

Hi, I'm looking to sell my existing jewellery business it would include domain, trademark(fully registered), a twitter account with over 350,000 followers, a Facebook Page with over 10,000 likes, Pinterest account with over 7000 followers and popular tumblr account. The current brand has a lot of blog reviews, youtube reviews etc. I would be looking for around £15,000 if this is on interest to anyone please message me and I can give details. This would be ideal for someone already making jewellery but struggling with sales/marketing.

It would be good if you could give us the name of your site.

Hi if anyones interested please message me for details, would sooner not post publically

Is this a handmade jewellery business? I seem to recall from another forum that you were asking about how to learn silversmithing/metal clay, so is this for a maker or a reseller?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Is this a handmade jewellery business? I seem to recall from another forum that you were asking about how to learn silversmithing/metal clay, so is this for a maker or a reseller?
    Hi Mizz, yes that was me.

It has been all own brand but outsourced manufacture for the past few years and I was looking at moving it in house and making myself.

The followers on all the social sites are interested in jewellery and so are the reviews on the internet.

I'm really selling it as a ready made way to selling jewellery rarther than as a business. Current stock is almost completely gone, About 9000 pieces have been sold, mostly to wholesale.

I have been wondering about making it and moving in house vs simply selling the business off for someone else to do that.

£15k for Twitter and FB followers and no stock, that seems a bit unrealistic for everyone on here who designs and makes their own.

I was just thinking the same Caroline.

Can I just check my understanding Glass22.....you are selling the domain name/business name, associated social media accounts, presumably your outsourcing contacts and trade accounts, customer list......no stock, have I missed anything?? Can I ask is this also wholly precious metal, e.g. 925 sterling silver jewellery, or other type of jewellery,....e.g glass,....??

Thanks for clarifying.

Tabby

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post

Can I just check my understanding Glass22.....you are selling the domain name/business name, associated social media accounts, presumably your outsourcing contacts and trade accounts, customer list......no stock, have I missed anything?? Can I ask is this also wholly precious metal, e.g. 925 sterling silver jewellery, or other type of jewellery,....e.g glass,....??

Thanks for clarifying.

Tabby
    I think any prospective buyers would want to at leisure investigate all that you've mentioned before even getting in touch personally.
    You say it's your own brand but manufacture is outsourced, does that mean you design the pieces yourself?

Hi,

To answer a few things.

I'm selling

* Social Accounts(very popular)

* Domain

* Trademark(Covering the EU)

I can also include a LinkedIn account with a a lot of connections.

--

I'm more than happy to give away a list of people who buy wholesale, contact emails etc

If you wanted manufacturer information I would happily give this.

The reason I didn't mention these was, I honestly don't think someone would want to go that direction on here, my thinking has to either go handmade myself or sell the business, the reason I don't want to carry on in it's current form is just massive volume required by manufacturers, selling 3000 of one type of bracelet etc is do able but I really think making unique pieces and selling for a premium would work very well, especially with such social clout to instantly push new pieces to.

My opinion is the best place for the business to go would be high end hand made, really nice packaging aim for £100+ per item and as each piece is made and being made send out photos to the various social platforms.

Last month my Pinterest account was seen by 100,000 users, my tweets are seen by 1000s, then also pushed to the Tumblr, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and even Instagram(I've not used).

With all these sources I'm pretty sure you could sell quickly as long as the items were unique and appealing.

My options have been sell the business or learn silver smithing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post

Thanks for clarifying.

Tabby
    Hi, it's been middle end costume jewellery and some higher end fashion items, but the social accounts etc any types would appeal to.