Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Interested In Buying a Ready Set Up Jewellery Business?

I would agree. I'm familiar with the sale of a business as a going concern and if I were interested I'd be asking for financial detail - which ought not to be shared on an open forum.

I think people have a problem with a business being touted on the basis of social media followers which we all know doesn't mean sales.

I'm a luddite/non-believer on that score too, but it still boils down to there being a willing seller looking for a willing buyer. It's not the way - or the scale - of doing business for most of us here, admittedly.

Not sure followers interested in the price point for mass produced costume jewellery transfers to the members of this forum designing and making hand made

Thank you, of course if someone isn't interest that's their choice.

Although I do find it insulting that anyone discusses the value of social when they have almost no social presence.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Not sure followers interested in the price point for mass produced costume jewellery transfers to the members of this forum designing and making hand made
    I actually think the opposite is true, it would be fairly easy to be selling one of a kind items to 1000s of people for a premium price point. Than it is to sell 9000 of one item.

This is quite an interesting thread as I've often thought that one day I may be wanting to sell my business. What the buyer would get is stock, equipment, designs plus domain name and my NOTHS shop, which is worth quite a lot. I wouldn't have a clue how to price all that.

Quote Originally Posted by glass22 View Post
    I actually think the opposite is true, it would be fairly easy to be selling one of a kind items to 1000s of people for a premium price point. Than it is to sell 9000 of one item.
    I would say its a totally different market.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by trialuser View Post
    I think that we're giving the OP a bit of a hard time here.
    The post asked that anyone interested in more info should contact them by PM.
    Anyone interested should do so, anyone not - needn't.
    I dare say it is over priced, and if it is, people will realise that when they have the details and it won't sell.
    I wouldn't want my business discussed and slated on an open forum.
    No need to gang up.
    Happy xmas :-)
    I don't think it is a question of "ganging up" the poster has asked if anyone is interested but there is no detail on which a decision can be made whether it could be interesting or not.

If my questions have offended I apologise but £15k is a lot to ask for something with so little detail. Try watching Dragon's Den to see how "vapourware" is regarded - no numbers, no interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Quote Originally Posted by BarryM View Post
    Try watching Dragon's Den to see how "vapourware" is regarded - no numbers, no interest.

You're not the only one with visions of Dragons Den

Not being a dragon ... sorry, but ... I'm out