Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Interested In Buying a Ready Set Up Jewellery Business?

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Irrespective of followers, what is the approx turnover and last 12 months profit? You appear to be offering nothing but a list of contacts. What is the value of the order book? Are there any sales contracts in place that would be transferred? Is it a legal entity that you are selling (eg a limited company)? Are there any outstanding debts or other liabilities? It all seems a little vague but with a very specific price, what is the valuation based on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Hi Barry as I have stated what is for sale many times, your question has been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by glass22 View Post
    Hi Barry as I have stated what is for sale many times, your question has been covered.
    Which one? I don't see any of Barrys ( valid) questions having been addressed?

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by glass22 View Post
    ??? You have answered none of my questions. If all you are selling is what you said in earlier posts then i cannot see any value, let alone £15k. Followers who do not buy anything have zero value, without some approx financial numbers i just cannot see where the £15k valuation comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

What a curious discussion this is turning out to be, and with no offence intended, I'm with Barry and others in saying that your valuation doesnt seem right.

The social reach / marketing / networking side of things seems well established from what has been said and is a useful and valid side to any business, but without assets, stock, an order book, purchase orders etc its not a sellable commodity on its own!

Nick

The ability to push a product to thousands of people at the touch of a button is invaluable I can assure you. Your remarks are the equivalent of saying TV ads etc are irrelevant.

What I'm selling is the ability for someone to push their products to thousands of people at the push of a button, while also adding a huge amount of trust to what their selling via reputation, social impact and the huge amount of reviews the business by bloggers, youtubers etc.

While I'm willing to throw in contacts if people really want them, it's not what I see as value because contacts and wholesalers are just so easy to get, as is manufacturers.

Is it a legal entity that you are selling (eg a limited company)? Are there any outstanding debts or other liabilities? It all seems a little vague but
    with a very specific price, what is the valuation based on?
    As stated there is not a company for sale, I'm selling it's assets you could either rename the social accounts to your existing brand or use mine.

Valuation is based on what I would be willing to sell it vs keep for potential future use myself. It's a very unique proposition to be able to purchase such a large following ready built and a huge relevant audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    What a curious discussion this is turning out to be, and with no offence intended, I'm with Barry and others in saying that your valuation doesnt seem right.

The social reach / marketing / networking side of things seems well established from what has been said and is a useful and valid side to any business, but without assets, stock, an order book, purchase orders etc its not a sellable commodity on its own!

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Assets such as domain, trademark are included.

Stock is pointless the idea of selling it is to someone making jewellery who therefore has stock. Anyone can just go and buy stock it takes minutes, theres nothing hard about buying stock or having products made that's the easy part anyone who's ever done anything knows marketing is the hard part.

Marketing is the hard part to some extent but without seeing the details of sales made all of those internet 'followers' could be worthless, i.e.: one would need to see proof of sales and profits for them to have any value.
    Its one thing having 'followers' its quite another getting sales from them
    One would also need to see what has been sold in order to assess whether the client base ( if indeed it is one , see my comment above) was suitable for what the new person wanted to market.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Marketing is the hard part to some extent but without seeing the details of sales made all of those internet 'followers' could be worthless, i.e.: one would need to see proof of sales and profits for them to have any value.
    Its one thing having 'followers' its quite another getting sales from them
    One would also need to see what has been sold in order to assess whether the client base ( if indeed it is one , see my comment above) was suitable for what the new person wanted to market.

Not really, if you put a product no one wants on a TV ad it wont sell.

If you produce a good product and enough people see it, some will buy.

That's the issue I had with mass selling, manufacturing required say 3000 of each item and for the first year sure they would fly out selling like hot cakes but as the products become out of fashion sales dropped. That's why I wouldn't continue with manufacturing, I would take the business to handmade.

The stock I've had is all but gone, my options are learn silver smithing, or sell the assets I'm not sure where to go.

I think that we're giving the OP a bit of a hard time here.
    The post asked that anyone interested in more info should contact them by PM.
    Anyone interested should do so, anyone not - needn't.
    I dare say it is over priced, and if it is, people will realise that when they have the details and it won't sell.
    I wouldn't want my business discussed and slated on an open forum.
    No need to gang up.
    Happy xmas :-)