Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little torch clone

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    thats cheap! do you have to buy separate regulators?
    Yes you will need regulators, but it came with the correct fittings for UK gas hoses already on. I already had a propane and oxycon set up for lampwork, so just needed to swap the oxygen hose end for a plastic one to fit the oxycon. (There's a really useful thread about that on here somewhere I seem to remember.)

Thanks, I think I read the other thread, its all quite complicated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paintboxcrafts View Post
    I got mine direct from the US with UK fittings on, cheaper than the UK even if you do get stung by customs, which luckily I didn't.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITH-LITT...item2ebbfd2a5b
    A friend of mine recently ordered an item from the States to save money and did have to pay import duties (of £35). It made the bargain a lot less of a bargain.

I have taken the plunge of the little torch and an Oxycon, brilliant! The first torch leaked propane when off and was changed by cookson. First thoughts I am able to use such a small flame, oxycon turned right down, that I am using minimal Propane for soldering. When melting I have bought the melting tip, superb but you have to turn the Propane regulator up to give a big flame still not using much gas and will melt a reasonable amount of silver, also will get it hot enough to cast into my ingot mould which I couldn't do with gas and air. Expensive but in the long run worth it. The oxycon is also expensive but when set up is cheap to run and no bottles.