Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Craft Sale

Table looking nice - good to see you got some height into it, which is a mistake a lot of people make. If the table next to you took such a little amount at Christmas time, there's no hope for them.

As Dennis said, you'll probably make as much at Christmas as you'll take the rest of the year. That is unless you find a really good show in the summer.

I've given up all my shows now and sold all my display stuff. It was a scary decision to make, as I did them for many years, and some of them were very lucrative, but I haven't regretted it. This Christmas has been so much more chilled, partly also because I have elves now. I even managed a weekend away at the beginning of the month, which I haven't been able to do for years.

We did a craft fair on Sunday and sold about £30 and got a couple of commissions, but our craft stall is in a pavilion and if the weather is cold and miserable people are more interested in going into the adjoining cafe, then home to the warm. In the summer its a very different story - which gives me another reason not to like winter.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Thanks for all your compliments about the table, it is l down to my wife who has a "Good eye" for design.

My Foredom SR arrived today and I have just given it a test run, really good, loads of grunt at slow speed and the foot control is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Well done Barry.....great start!! (and well done flowerpecker), you must both be thrilled!!

Table and pieces look great Barry, I find that engaging with customers is key, whether it's just a 'morning' or discussion about the work, it always helps.....though there is definitely a balance between engaging and allowing to browse!!