Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enter The Dragon

Totally off topic but I do love your avatar photo, very mysterious!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Totally off topic but I do love your avatar photo, very mysterious!

Carlton
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Zoomed in to see how you'd used the reverse 'S' punch.....what a great finish!! Love the bangle, but not a fan of the knew concept saw frame.....going to go have a look at your work....sounds [U]very[U]interesting from what Caroline says!! And from what I've seen you're local to me.....what teaching do you do Carlton....only at BCU??
    As the years roll on and my poor hands get worse my partner and I are talking about teaching from home, metal related jewellery for me and my partner intricate seed beads (native American Indian) watch this space.
    Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Willow View Post
    Ha ha on my 2nd concept sawframe and at times they can behave like a chocolate tea pot but I persevere it's got the ideal balance and the blades do seem to last a little longer which helps being I sawpierce everyday of my working life
    Well if they sometimes act like a chocolate teapot with you then there is no chance for people that don't do piercing on a daily basis!Sometimes I can't even saw a straight line with mine

I like my little Vallorbe but can't say Ive tried anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Well if they sometimes act like a chocolate teapot with you then there is no chance for people that don't do piercing on a daily basis!Sometimes I can't even saw a straight line with mine
    Don't blame yourself all the time, it could be the sawblades, there are times I put a brand new blade in go up and down once then throw it, some blades have a total disrespect for the direction you need to go

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Willow View Post
    Don't blame yourself all the time, it could be the sawblades, there are times I put a brand new blade in go up and down once then throw it, some blades have a total disrespect for the direction you need to go
    Oh my goodness - I thought it was just me! I have been having a horrid time with some Vallorbe blades, so went for some others, which seemed fine although they do blunt much sooner.

Will be interested to hear what you're planning Carlton.......and as for saw blades (Vallorbe), sometimes I seem to get a batch that barely see the metal and give up.... or maybe those are when I'm just having a bad day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Will be interested to hear what you're planning Carlton.......and as for saw blades (Vallorbe), sometimes I seem to get a batch that barely see the metal and give up.... or maybe those are when I'm just having a bad day!!
    I don't use Vallorbe I don't use Jaguar or many of the others that are flying around, I use "Dart " round backs made in Germany and I get them from
    a company in Ipswich. (I'll post the address when I find it) I don't order too many at any one time because I find the longer you keep them the more
    brittle they become!
    Carlton

What a stunning piece of craftsmanship. I love unexpected textures, esp that which I get from a hammer my OH's Grandfather bought sometime b/n 1910-1920. Using letters is a great idea, so thanks for the tip!

Mel