Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you guys get your ideas from???

Default Ideas are everywhere!!

I think it depends how long out of a 'teaching' environment you are! Every course I have done involved loads of sketchbook - which I tended to try and make into works of art and really enjoyed doing! I do occasionally thumb through them as all subjects cross over and you can get inspiration from anywhere....has anyone looked at images from electron microscopes recently!! see some examples here http://www5.pbrc.hawaii.edu/microangela/ That sort of thing informed a lot of my college work.
    Now I have less time I tend to sketch ideas when they come on whatever is to hand - envelopes, till receipts ... anything. I think the important thing is to sketch it somewhere because just by the act of drawing it it helps to embed the idea in your memory so it can pop back to mind just when you need it!! I haven't done much 'creative' work recently...I'm saving it up for a big 'splurge' sometime in the future...when I can afford a truckload of pmc!!

Wow! That website is amazing!

Why can't I post links yet?

Hi Coco, It is rather amazing isn't it....a whole new world, in fact!! It just goes to show that even 'stuffy' science can be a source for the arts! As for posting - you have to have posted 15 times yourself before they let you add things...so get busy girl! (Sorry if you are not female!!) I went mad on day 2 and I think I went from 3 to 20 posts and got totally addicted in the process!! As I am so lousy with the computer it is all helping me find my way around it too!!
    Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Wow! That website is amazing!
    Why can't I post links yet?
    You need 15 posts coco
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Hi Coco, It is rather amazing isn't it....a whole new world, in fact!! It just goes to show that even 'stuffy' science can be a source for the arts! As for posting - you have to have posted 15 times yourself before they let you add things...so get busy girl! (Sorry if you are not female!!)
    Barbara

It really is. I love the Butterfly Wing Scale Closeup . It's kind of like something out of "Alien", but prettier

I used to be scared of bugs until I started finding them interesting. Although I still have the occasional moment if one pops up unexpectedly. And in case that hasn't told you, yes I'm a girl. Well guessed

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    You need 15 posts coco

But whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Sorry, having a stroppy moment - not enough coffee yet

Smile

I think it is because they want to get you ADDICTED!!....if you want proof of that have a look at the thread 'How compulsive is this forum!!' ... we are all totally helpless now! So keep it up....only 6 more to go!!
    Barbara

Heehee! Love to. Not today though, got to go and sit in a dark basement with ancient newspapers for 3 hours. Such is the joy that my life has become

i always try and carry a note book & pen ideas can come from anywhere i normally get the best ones when i have forgotten my book & pen tho i get ideas from books the internet (i use as its cheaper then getting lots of books ) & magazines some of my ideas come from something i'm already making but i do make alot of bracelets & bangles that way tho ... i'm going to try different stone setting instead this september

and just an FYI, microangela (the lady behind that site) is also a metal clayer!
    Em