Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner

Default Ultrasonic cleaner

Hey guys,
    What do you think of ultrasonic cleaner in lidl http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/...tle=Ultrasonic.
    Do you think practical to buy it?

You don't say how much it is, but most of these pretty domestic gadgets do no better than a nail-brush and some Fairy Liquid. Ultrasonics are only worth considering if you have a fairly large volume of work to clean and then a dedicated professional model is what to get.

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sho...ght=Ultrasonic

Hi Dennis it is a silver crest worth 16.99.Based on what I read on the link u give me,I think I one for myself.Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

The only thing I find my cheap one useful for is getting rouge out of chains or crevices after polishing, it saves ages with the toothbrush and washing up liquid. You will need to put hot water in a cheap one though or it doesn't work

I'm getting one today.Thank u for ur help.

Those cheap ones don't last 5 minutes and don't really do the job. Better to save up for a decent one. Now that I'm using the right solution, my Elma is running really well and most of the time, there's no further cleaning up needed.

That's all mines used for too. Getting rid of polish residue, although I tend to use the toothbrush & washing up liquid first, then finish in the ultrasonic.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Those cheap ones don't last 5 minutes and don't really do the job. Better to save up for a decent one. Now that I'm using the right solution, my Elma is running really well and most of the time, there's no further cleaning up needed.
    What solution do you use? I have an ultrasonic already so may as well try and make the most of it.

Washing up liquid or a product such as sea clean works well. Others use ammonia with good results.

Nick

I find the ones with ammonia work much better than sea clean.