Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner

Gosh I had no idea we had Ikea in France! thanks for that
    The nearest one is 4 hours away though, we are in the middle of nowhere lol.
    France also has a unique internet service, its called we take your money and we may, if you are lucky, deliver your item in 3 months time after saying its in stock, or we may not bother at all and just keep your money ( thats happened twice so far).

As far as catching filings goes, I wouldn't have thought its worth the hassle for most of us? you would have to be filing a lot of gold, and really 18ct plus to make it worth bothering?
    I always keep any sawn bits but those are easy enough to catch.

I have 3 Cookson pots of lemel and scrap plus polisher hooverings that I should really get sent off, all silver, a few bit of gold you would be amazed. Our technician at college had that as his bonus, we only worked in silver and he emptied the skins every day, he made a tidy sum.
    That seems to be the way with ikea here too unless you live in the city, they are all about 2 hours away in Scotland. Handy to know just in case you happen to be in the area in the future. I do have to brace myself to go at the best of times!

Really? Im amazed it adds up that much! how do you sort it from the other bits of rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Really? Im amazed it adds up that much! how do you sort it from the other bits of rubbish?
    You just gather it all up with the emery dust, I take out the broken saw blades! I hadn't thought about polisher dust but you are polishing off metal especially is there is soddin firestain so I hoover that out of the filters and the hoods. Mine I gathered over years but every time you snip off a bit of wire or file down a soldered joint. I don't cast so I keep all my scrap for the pot

Saw blades go in the low-grade waste bag (they've got tiny amounts of metal caught in the teeth), along with scrag ends of emery paper, dead burrs, hoover bag contents and polishing waste. The other thing that goes in that bag is baby wipes - I clean down the sweeps tray and my hands at the end of the day with them.

Oh, sludge from the ultrasonic too. Did mine the other day - settled the liquid for 24 hours, poured off most of the clearer liquid and left it to evaporate. Wiped out with paper towels; stuck one of the towels under the scope and could see little glints of metal in the grey.

It's well worth doing. I got £350 the other day from scrap silver.

Never thought of emery paper and blades but logically when you look at it, it's silver. I have a soft brush that I brush all the dust from my bench into the skin, it's amazing what lies around the peg

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpecker View Post
    I actually got the tray..lol but how and where i can buy the runner?
    It's just strips of angle aluminium from B&Q.