Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Definitely not cutting mine out.
    I don't know how you guys cope, mine is 6' wide and 3' deep and I love the space!
    I need drawers though….
    To be honest that isn't my only space, it's just the bit I sit at, if you could see the rest you'd either be disgusted or envious as there is some lovely equipment but no b.....y room for me now hence the move to the shed. The ikea metal drawers on wheels are good Sarah and not too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Both setups look great to me ha ha!

Nick
    Have you got yours mucky yet Nick or is it going to stay pristine forever? Mine starts off looking like Dennis's but I'm just not able to sustain it

Nope! It's relatively tidy at present but I've put some marks on it, and there's a lot of stuff scattered around it as I'm working right now. Love it though as well as the 'constructive mess'

Nick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_131214_081857.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	7100 It's quite interesting when it comes to the work bench, why is a big semi-circle cut out?
    its to catch whatever falls from your sawpiercing/filing...... why bother

I use a straight edge bench at craft fair demonstrations and the one above is my home workshop with 2 pull out draws, the only reason I went
    from a straight edge at home is that I couldn't see the tools in draw because the light was blocked by the bench.

When I used the straight edge bench I pin my apron under the bench peg while wearing it around my neck, this catches everything I drop.

And before anyone says anything .... that's as tidy as my bench gets.
    Be careful what you wish for.......... It might come true

I use the edges of the cut outs to brace my arm when setting

I thought it was to catch the stones that Im always dropping then scrambling round on the floor on my hands and knees looking for accompanied by my dogs?
    When I did the stone setting course I did love that I could find them again in the skin, very useful.
    Everything else can stay on the floor until it gets swept at some irregular interval

Im in France Caroline so Ikeas not an option sadly.
    My husband will make them when he gets round to it although first I have to get round to designing exactly how I want them, this could take some time…….

That's a pretty cool idea Dennis.Where did you buy that one if you don't mine?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpecker View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea Dennis.Where did you buy that one if you don't mind?
    The worktop is just a kitchen work surface from Magnet, supported by kitchen cupboards.

The bench peg is home made from an oak name plate bought in a market and fixed with a G-clamp-just on its last legs and since renewed.

The drawer is one section from a stacking vegetable rack, bolted to aluminium angle pieces and supported by more, to act as runners. Nothing ever falls through the back. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Workbench and Drawer.jpg   Workbench Drawer Removed.jpg  

I actually got the tray..lol but how and where i can buy the runner?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I thought it was to catch the stones that Im always dropping then scrambling round on the floor on my hands and knees looking for accompanied by my dogs?
    When I did the stone setting course I did love that I could find them again in the skin, very useful.
    Everything else can stay on the floor until it gets swept at some irregular interval

Im in France Caroline so Ikeas not an option sadly.
    My husband will make them when he gets round to it although first I have to get round to designing exactly how I want them, this could take some time…….
    It's supposed to catch all your lemel/ filings so that you can recycle easier tipping it in to the pot than sweeping the floor
    I must admit I thought ikea were everywhere as my cousin in Poland seems to have an ikea apartment! Is this any good
    http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/about_i...es/france.html just in case you don't get round to designing
    Last edited by CJ57; 14-12-2014 at 06:47 PM.