Thread: How to engrave using Dremel?

Default How to engrave using Dremel?

Any advice,help and tips for engraving?I won engraving tools in cookson so decided to use it..

The Dremel engraving tool works by causing a metal point to vibrate, so it is not engraving as jewellers would describe it , but just makes a series of fine dots.

It can be used for writing messages, or signing hard surfaces if they are not being hall marked.

The vibration can be adjusted, but is quite coarse, so the first thing is to learn to control it well enough in use. It helps to grind the point to a more acute angle so that you can see it better and make the writing smaller.

I do have one, but use it infrequently. So I always start by practising on scrap first to re-learn the knack. Dennis.

I bought one of those but I find the noise it makes excruciating!

I keep practising but i prefer the hand stamping,but i want to make something and can't find this letter (a) this design for hand stamped.

This punctuation set http://www.cjbeaders.co.uk/188280/Me...unctuation-set is available in a fairly good range of sizes and includes the @ symbol if that's what you're looking for.

I also have the Dremel engraving tool but find it very difficult to control. I've not used it properly for any jewellery designs but only for marking stuff.

Suppose it would be easy to scribe lines with it if a guide was used though, such as a metal ruler.

I'm still practising with hand gravers and making a little progress.

Nick

Thank you mizgeorge,found what i'm looking for.

I am same nick hard to control,not a big fan in dremel but shame just sitting.