Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jewellers bench

That looks the business Nick! Will need something similar when I move. Interesting peg placement!
    All the gear and no idea

Looks good Nick, next job, paint those walls white.

James

The pegs on the left Vos because the GRS Benchmate will be bolted onto the middle flat section. The middle section is also too thick for my current peg clamp.

It's in the garage James ( although it's heated ) so doubt I'll get around to painting the walls. Need to start making more jewellery more like!

Nick

My workshop is now in a garden shed Nick and I noticed the light difference when I painted walls white. Are you buying the bench pin attachment with your new GRS system?
    I couldn't work comfortably without my bench peg fitted central on my bench.

James

Ah an excellent point James. Never considered the reflectance of light off the walls. Shameful really considering its a principal I use in Photography!

Getting the 'setters package' and yes the bench peg is included. Not too bad at present as my chair swivels so I'm not straining my back or anything.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    I posted the price and details earlier Nick but you may have missed it. I see you like an offset peg too, I have 2 and I use the one to my left a lot.
    Remember a skin is flexible so it makes the leg room more variable than a shelf

I noticed the price before, thank you.

For what it's worth, it seems a reasonable price for the type of bench you've got. It looks sturdy and well made which of course all adds value doesn't it.

Id noticed the company you purchased from a while ago and they appear to offer good products at good prices too. I'm liking their workbenches.. Maybe to put a rolling mill onto in the future if sturdy enough.

Nick

I reckon you might wish you'd made it a foot wider
    Nice though.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    I noticed the price before, thank you.

For what it's worth, it seems a reasonable price for the type of bench you've got. It looks sturdy and well made which of course all adds value doesn't it.

Id noticed the company you purchased from a while ago and they appear to offer good products at good prices too. I'm liking their workbenches.. Maybe to put a rolling mill onto in the future if sturdy enough.

Nick
    Yes good price compared to others on offer
    I would think so, once the top was screwed on to this one it definitely weighed it down somewhat and their work benches look great. All my workshop benches are 5cm thick planks with 7cm supports, OH made them heavy enough to take anything so it has the rolling mill, Dustmaster, soldering hearth and bench drill and all my detritus including me! I think the more room you make the more messy you become so it will be interesting to see how you work

I started off with my OH's old study desk (he sacrificed his study/office to make my workshop/workroom) so with an huge ikea desk. Great surface area but too low, too big so nothing in reach... The vice was first used by my husband's grandfather in the 1920's & I made the plier rack out of a cereal box & duct tape, still use it too!

I also decided to restore the woodwork bench, made by my OH's grandfather before WWI. It is my hammering/chasing/mandrel bashing space covered in vices, mandrels & my dapping & doming tools along with Grandad's hammers

Before

After

Mel