Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GRS Benchmate 'setters package'

I regard the GRS system as one of the most important advances of bench technology in the last 50 years or so.
    I swop my bench pin and saw pin many times a day.
    I use the setting pin and ball everyday.
    One of my now qualified apprentices once said to me that if you professional and you don't have this system you are going nowhere.
    I don't completely agree of course, but dang, it does make your work much easier and faster.
    Much more important for me though, would be to find a family member who buys me such cool Christmas presents.
    I have been super well behaved and asked Santa to bring me a PUK welder for TEN Christmases in a row, and NOTHING has come down my chimney--ever.
    I'm starting to believe he doesn't exist.

Benchmate is a great system. I'd still use it if it wasn't for the microscope issue.
    You can search out all the available attatchments available that you might want.
    As for the hand rest..never used mine.

Thanks for all that info folks, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one even more now, and cheers for the tip about Walsh's doing a great deal!

Hans.. You may have struck lucky, and your other half may be viewing this topic. Failing that, find a large screen monitor and leave your post on view as the screensaver!

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Personally, I'd say that a) a right-hander should have the plate on the LHS supporting the off hand, as the dominant hand won't be resting and b) the damn thing gets in the way regardless and should be removed!
    Yes, I suspect most people feel the same way. I've got both the left-handed and the right-handed plates (I'm ambidextrous - it's a long story), have tried both of them, and now use neither. Maybe some job will come along where I have a burning need for a side-plate again so at least they're there if I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Meevis View Post
    I have been super well behaved and asked Santa to bring me a PUK welder for TEN Christmases in a row.
    Takes 11 to save up. Best of luck this year

The argon cylinder gets stuck in the chimney though.