Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuff bangle

Default Cuff bangle

Ok me again!
    I need help in making cuff bangle.
    What is the length of metal sheet you need in making adult size cuff bangle?baby size?child size?
    Thank you so much.

This is the time when the people who know the answer are busy building up stock and fulfilling orders for Christmas. So you might have to post this question again later.
    However if you are thinking of a specific person, try it with something cheap such as card, or two layers of cooking foil. Dennis.

You may find this helpful:
    http://www.essentially-silver.com/Articles.asp?ID=250

For baby sizes etc just google it and you will come up with lots of answers
    I make mine to measure if they are closed but open ones I tend to make around 8".

Ok thank you dennis.x

Thank you enigma big help,bit confused because not all of us have same wrist size.

Well really you either need to make to measure or have it adjustable as wrist size varies a lot

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpecker View Post
    Thank you enigma big help,bit confused because not all of us have same wrist size.
    As Sarah says if you are making to measure then that's ok, but as you say everyone is different sizes and you will have to make a range of sizes. I've just made one and the silver length is 61/2 ins with an inch opening so I would say around 71/2 ins for a closed

With a cuff or bangle it's not actually wrist size that matters, it's the size of your hand. Squish your hand as if you were going to slip on a bangle and measure it at the widest point; that's the size you would need to make a bangle for yourself. There are several videos on youtube. For babies I think it is a made-to-measure job and to be honest I don't see the point of making them unless it is infinitely adjustable ... it will fit one month and six months later it's not going to fit, is it?

A cuff bracelet fits over the wrist sideways (and DOESN'T need flexing to get it off & on!), whereas a bangle needs sized according to the hand as you say. There are sizing gauges for bangles that work quite well; for custom cuffs I do a mockup in copper first - sometimes while the client is sat there (watching out for burrs, of course).

My cuffs measure

5.5" small
    6" medium
    6.5" large

As you say, there is a gap that the wrist slips through.