Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commision from Heaven - Commission from Hell?...

...and don't knock the 'little old ladies' Jo!! Some of us are terrifyingly close to that category!! But how wonderful to have articles written about you in the paper...even if it was only a local one!! Well done you!![/QUOTE]

Well it was when i was 18 and i am way down the line now, well not that way but oh it does feel like it

uh what happened there??????

It must be your age dear!!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I love both those pieces. I made cakes also in another life (for about 20 years) before I started with the jewellery. I was asked for all sorts of wierd and wonderful things. I think one of the most stressful was for a skyscraper cake for the director of a construction business which of course I didn't have a big enough box for and it collapsed in the car on the way to it's destination. I had to do a very quick repair job which was most embarrassing.
    ARRGGHHHH!!!! How awful!! That is the one thing I dread about cakes...when you get to the stage that it is too late to do something about it if something traumatic happens to it!! I have had to transport 2 3 tier wedding cakes with full bouquets of sugar flowers across the Pennines over the years...and I died a death over each bump all the way there even though they were all boxed seperately)!! Fortunately I only had a couple of flowers break and I had taken spares that I could wire in so that was OK! I don't think I could handle a sky scraper!! I think that might be the one I turn down! Although, someone did mention a cruise ship wedding cake.....I hope she has forgotten that idea and will go for a more conventional style...or will approach a different cake decorator!!

I sooo love your moo-ving pieces, bet she loved them!
    nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Actually I had to do a cake and a piece of jewellery for the same person recently. It was my first ever cake decoration project, so nothing like as good as yours Barbara.

They were both for my godson, for his christening. And I had to do them both for zippo. I think I didn't read Rena Klingenburg's comments thoroughly enough about how to avoid making jewellery for friends for free. And cakes cost quite a bit to make too. Luckily, I used some scrap silver from my box of tricks, and all I purchased was a chain and a teeny weeny sapphire.

Must make a mental note to go back to Rena for some better tips. Or perhaps it's a lost cause. I am just such a pushover.
    Linda

Love them both! If only you could give us all a sample of the cake to taste...

I do love that happy cow!

I have only had one commission so far, It was for 20 sets of 3 beads for the owner of my local stichcraft shop, Cotswold Stichcraft, in Malmesbury.
    Not the most inspiring job in the world but she was so pleased with them it made it all worth it. And she might order more!
    I can't wait to see what she does with them.

wonderful work! I love the cartoon cake. Admit you loved it!
    Just ask permission to quote her on your website
    Em