Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A barrel polishing question

Be careful if you buy if you buy cheapo ones from ebay, I bought some and the diameter was larger than the standard 3/32. Not really a problem if you use a keyed chuck handpiece, but infuriating if you have a quick fit one. I bought about 2 dozen and about a quarter of them also had dodgy threads in the screw hole - they didn't really bite properly and just rotated without tightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Truffle & Podge View Post
    I've been searching but I must be doing something wrong as I can't find a UK dental supplier that stocks them. Do they call them something different? I couldn't live without my radials now but I go through them quickly. They really are expensive from cookies & when I last looked certain grades were only available on the mandrel. When I first started using them the 3 grade kit was only £6.95 + vat
    It will not be of any help for you as I order from a Dutch site, but I have had a look at Cookson dental lab supplies and the 3m discs without mandrel are more expensive than the same product on Cooksongold site in the UK, make of that what you will.
    Poor old Les

Well, the dental trade is seen to be more wealthy and therefore charged accordingly. Anyone ready for a browse can look here though:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=3m...DfE9GLOrnigIAL

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Thanks for the suggestions guys my barrel polisher looks like it going to replace a lot of the heavier radial use. I'm in love!
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED