Thread: logging in probs

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default logging in probs

has anyone else had some log in probs with IE 10? I can log in on the page, but when I go to another link, the site has not recognised I have logged in. I haven't changed any settings, however I do know there was a system update for my windows.

The only way to stay logged in is to tick the box that says remember me, and then I forget to log out. Doesn't happen on the Ipad.

any hints, tips etc would be fab as I do not have a clue.

I had that a few weeks ago Wallace. I'm permanently logged on because I can never remember my password. Every time I clicked on the link I had been logged out and it wouldn't recognise my passwords or let me set a new one. It was very frustrating , then I was given a temp password and it didn't like that.
    While I've been trying to edit this it has frozen and disappeared twice, maybe a glitch in the system
    Last edited by CJ57; 14-11-2014 at 05:10 PM.

might be a windows thing??

It happened with the iPad but it had upgraded. The security on here seems to get a bit sensitive at times

I never log out, but I don't ever, ever use IE as it's far too vulnerable to virus and hacker attacks. Have you tried using another browser to see if the problem happens there too? It's unlikely to be a windows thing, but could be browser specific.

windows is very vulnerable to attacks and hacking, as is IE (I do take precautions there though).

I have used safari, as mentioned in the first post and it doesn't happen. I might use FF or Chrome, but at the moment, I switch on and use the products readily set up.

might leave things logged on, but that can always be a security thing too.