Thread: I also have no willpower

Default I also have no willpower

Not strictly true, I've been mulling this for a while now. The Knew Concepts precision saw guide... A more advanced version of the RT blanking saw. It's the v3, so it's compatible with the Benchmate which is handy both in use & for storage (I have several dovetails mounted up the side of the bench for parking tools).

Obvious uses are for cutting thick matrix dies at 90 degrees so that I can press form mirror images, as well as for cutting pancake dies in tool steel. Without a press available, it probably doesn't make much sense; with a press it's suddenly a much more sensible idea. Other uses? I've no idea, but a couple of good pancake dies will pay for themselves quickly.

Go on then - someone tell me I should learn to saw at precisely 7.5 degrees from vertical

I can think of no reason at all. I've been eyeing this one up too. I have an RT, but the idea of a dovetail version (and a shiny knew concept one at that) is hugely tempting...

No reason. This is something my workshop has been nagging me for ever for, and I too am getting tired of the nagging.

Is it a lot better than the RT blanking saw? I have one of those that's been gathering dust for years.

No idea TBH - I've not used the RT saw at all, I'm going more on my experience with the KC saws generally. Damn groupies

I did also go for the new clamp system - could have just used my existing dovetails, but the idea of being able to bolt the saw (or Benchmate bits) to a random workbench on a temporary basis was too appealing to pass up. Gimmick or essential? I'll have to see.

I thought the clamp system was brilliant - especially for using a benchmate somewhere without an existing dovetail or for demos/teaching in odd places.