Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's on Twitter

Geti - are you still of the same opinion? I'm having a period of maximising the site with SEO, links etc etc. To Tweet or not to Tweet?
    Di x

Well I've thrown myself right into the technology age and I'm twittering, got to agree with geti tho.... don't really see the point at the moment.

I'm SilverBlueberry on twitter.
    SilverBlueberry.etsy.com

Geti - are you still of the same opinion?
    Hi Di, yes I am. Twitter leaves me cold, using it for backlinks is the only benefit as far as I can see, You have to work really hard to build up a following, and as a supposed 'social networking' site it doesn't really work for me and doesn't have anywhere near the following as Facebook.

Most people simply don’t care to know what anyone else is up to!

I use twitter mostly for personal things, as a lot of my friends are on there. I *have* followed back a new polymer clay supplier/enthusiast on there (who I assume found me because I mentioned something I was making at the time). So I think it's handy for suppliers who give a decent ratio of information to advertising/product notifications. And definitely handy to follow people selling things in small or limited edition runs that sell out fast. I can see that it'd be less useful for Geti though - does anyone impulse-buy titanium rings?

I've got a facebook but don't use it - too many widgets, not enough text! I want to read about what people are up to, not play virtual assassins :p

I've got a facebook but don't use it - too many widgets, not enough text! I want to read about what people are up to, not play virtual assassins :p
    LOL, following the initial enthusiasm when I first joined Facebook, I now tend to use it just to play scrabble with my brother and my dad. We're a family of wordaholics and its how we get our kicks

I do have a Moon Cottage page tho, that I update when I update my website and I have made a few sales from that.

As for Twitter, it isn't really me but, had it been useful for business, I might have forced myself
    Di x

I might be having a rethink - Google has recently done a deal with Twitter to include tweets in their search results so I did a search on google for 'titanium rings twitter' and guess who was at position 3. Not that it is a useful search phrase but I was surprised.

hmmm - might have to think about it then Alan.
    Di x

Ok I've given it a go....

Victoria Constable (MilaJewellery) on Twitter

Please feel free to follow me lol although I've not posted much yet! I'll follow you guys too

Default tweets awoo

twitter is scarey!