Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
The shortcut is piercing them out. You can waste more time & money faffing about trying to be clever, rather than learn a simple fundamental task.

Sounds like some need to drop the "making" bit from their job description :what:
I did say it would be ~my~ short cut for mass production. A basic die for that would be a few quid and it would take about 10 seconds to bang one out.

And like lots of people on here, this isn't my job, mr snitty, so I have no need to worry about my job description

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Wales View Post
Going slightly off tack but saw work doesn't seem to be very high on the list of taught things though.I talk to lots of people at shows who all seem to have been on a jewellery course and when they see my display with saw,blades etc all have said the same thing.They only tried sawing for a couple of minutes,broke all the blades and that was that, not doing it again.To me the saw is the most important tool I have.
and yes, my piercing skills are appalling. I will keep on trying and at some point I'll get the time and money together to at least do a course because books and videos don't work for me. At least not in terms of handling a saw. I am improving though. I can cut straightish lines through 1.7mm thick up to 7mm long now.