Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2014 Theme Competition

Wow, the entries so far are all wonderful and I'm now a bit hesitant to post my entry.

Still working on bangles, my piece was inspired by my daughter-in-law who commented how sad the trees were looking without leaves and how early it was getting dark these days (she's used to living in Singapore where the days are always the same length).

I started with some rectangular wire I bought from cookies quite a while back - one side of it has quite a deep roller mark in it which is an absolute pain in the proverbial to file out, so rolling first and heavily texturing it is the only option.

I hammered one side with round hammer marks to represent the fallen leaves and straight hammer marks on the reverse side for the bark; then I put a twist in it before soldering so the bark and leaf marks were both visible. I darkened with platinol to enhance the texture and represent the darkening days and then rubbed back with fine grade micro mesh; finally I added a plain silver band, hammered and highly polished as a contrast, a reminder that no matter how gloomy there's always light at the end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twistedbangle1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	7006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twstedbangle2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	7007

I really like the twist in the bangle, so I'm going to explore this theme a little more but with wider metal so I can get more graceful curves, working it on the anticlastic stake perhaps - anyway, hopefully post some more next year.

Susie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Fab entries, really love them both. .

Winter to me is a cold time, often filled with frozen mornings and what better to find in a freeze - snow. Here is my own designed snowflake, with 1.2mm synthetic sapphires and 1.2mm diamonds, and cut from 1.2mm sheet silver They have been set with my graver with three grains on each one to keep them from wondering.

Attachment 7000
    Attachment 7001
    Attachment 7002
    Attachment 7003
    Awesome! You keep blowing me away darling XXXX
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Hi all,

Firstly, i would like to say sorry for the delay with the judging for this competition. As you may know, we have been very busy here at Cookson HQ and it has been all hand on deck!

I am happy to announce the winner of the November Themed competition is Vos with the below entry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vos.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	7088

The judges said: “these mittens are super cute and captures the theme perfectly!”

Vos, please email me (jemima.joy@cooksongold.com) with your contact details and Cooksongold account number (if you have one) and i will arrange for your prize to be sorted.

Once again, congratulations Vos!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

How wonderful! Many congratulations

A lovely design. Well done Vos!
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

Congratulations Vos. That should knock something off your wish list. Dennis.

Way to go Vos. May this be a sign of a prosperous future.

Very well done Vos.

Well done Vos! now you can have a christmas spending spree!