First off, I'm an amateur hobbyist, so maybe I am just being an idiot, or naive, hopefully I can be enlightened?

I have always been in love with Damascus steel and similar materials, with organic textures, and thought I'd look in to Cooksons Mokume Gane sheet as a test, as we are looking to have Mokume Gane wedding rings next year.

The first point is that the description on Cooksons website is a bit minimal. There is no mention of what metals are used in the production of the Mokume, leaving the customer to have to make assumptions...I assume it's silver and copper, but for all I know I could be wrong. I emailed Cooksons a few weeks ago asking what it was, and still don't have a reply.

The next point is that the Mokume is listed as in stock, but when ordered I had a 2 week wait till shipment? I assume then it's not in stock, but made to order?

The final point is that I feel the product is pretty poor. What I received looks like it's simply silver sheet that has had copper colouring stamped on top of it (the pattern does not go all the way through the metal, and I imagine a light polishing will remove the copper pattern completely!?) If this is the case shouldn't the description/title of the product reflect this, and be "Mokume gane patterned (silver) sheet" or similar, as if I am correct in my evaluation it's not really the standard, folded in mix of alloys you'd expect from Mokume Gane?