Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking in the shadows for a while now, after having discovered this glorious forum, and have been feeling rather rude having not introduced myself. So a big hello to you all and a big thank you to all of you for your hints, tips, reviews and the encouragement that you all seem to give each other.

My names Sarah and I am just about to try my hand at silversmithing. It has stemmed from having a love of silver Jewellery but never finding the clean lines and designs that make my knees wobble! I know that I have a lot of work and practise (with probably a lot of swearing) ahead of me but I am bubbling with excitement.

It's taken me a little while to save up the funds to get my starter kit together but I am finally there, yay. I'm very lucky as hubbie's a carpenter and has built me a work table as I have a teeny tiny spare room to work in and I'm in the process of sanding, assembling it etc. I'm very chuffed as it's the 1st thing he's made me in 14 years and it's lush. I will post a photo when I can (are there restriction on this as a newbie?).

Please could I ask you to cast your eyes over the order I will place with Cooksongold soon to pick up on 04/11/14. If there's anything you think I'm missing or anything you think I don't need then please say.

Bench Peg & Anvil
3" Adjustable Saw
Vallorbe Saw Blades Grade 2/0, Bundle Of 12
Vallorbe Saw Blades Grade 3/0, Bundle Of 12

Nylon Faced Mallet 27 mm
Jobbing Hammer 1oz/sml
Steel Bench Block - 8cm X 8cm

Starter Soldering Kit, Un 2837
Silver Solder Paste 10g - Medium, Syringe
Tripod With Gauze

Half Round Pliers - 130mm, Plain Pliers
Round Nose Pliers - 115mm, Sprung Pliers

Vallorbe 6"/150mm Half Round File, Slim, Cut 0
Vallorbe 6"/150mm Flat File, Cut 2
Wooden File Handle
Draper 36325 12-Piece 140 mm Needle File Set

5.5"/ 140mm Maun Flat Pliers Parallel Action
Snipe Nose Pliers - 115mm, Sprung Pliers
7"/17.5cms Straight Shears

Standard Steel Scriber
Curved Burnisher With Handle
Standard Centre Punch
Durston Round Marked Triblet Sizes A-Z +6
4" Dividers
Silverline MT66 Steel Rule 300mm

Dremel 4000 + Flexshaft Dremel 4000 With Accessory Kit
Dremel 2615448632 Keyless Quick Change Multi Tool Chuck
Dremel Drill Bit Set (7 Pieces)
Radial Disc Kit, 6 Each, 3 Grades + 3 Mandrels

Wet & Dry Paper 1200 , 600, 400
Beeswax - 32g/1oz Block
Luxi Starter Polishing Set Of 9 Mini Luxi Compounds

Optivisor 2.5x No5

I get the impression from you all that once I get going it is a very addictive and potentially purse draining but I can't wait to be squirreled away in a room, mumbling to myself, drooling over tools and having to work overtime at my day job to afford the doubloons to pay for it all.

Sarah.