Thread: Hand buffing small spheres

Default Hand buffing small spheres

How? I'm very frustrated! Ha ha the little buggers keep flying off in my hand and I can't buff in one direction and it's upsetting me sigh one is a sphere one is a flying saucer shape. Neither is proving easy to buff...

Will try to attach photos but tapatalk is playing up again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Vanessa,

Would it not be easier to polish the spheres once there soldered in place on your design?

I recently made a ring that has spheres along the edge and they were polished once soldered on.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The other method that lapidarists use to grind and polish stones is a stick of wood about the thickness of a pencil and sealing wax to hold the stone or sphere in place on the end. I realise that you'll only get half done at a time but it holds it securely

Hi Nick it would but these spheres are not for my design they are for the techniques part of the module where we've been tasked with making spheres as mentioned, a square, a round tube, an eclipse tube, a cone and a ring. We start making the insect from tomorrow mine is very abstract and based on a singing insect.

Hi Caroline that sounds like a good idea... I'll get some sealing wax in the morning

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk