Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first big event

Default Totally exhausted ...

Hi All,

Aw thanks guys for all your lovely kind wishes - big hugs and kisses to you all .

Well, it was all a bit of a panic when I got to my event, the marquee wasn't up, the wind was howling (I knew it would be a bit blowy, but not that much), my marquee was slowly lifting off the ground, as my fixer had forgotten the pegs! I tell you guys, that was the closest I got to whipping out my rescue remedy, as I couldn't set up my stuff until the marquee was up and time was rapidly running out....!!! we had about 45mins before the start and people were already gathering, with me still putting my 'necks' on my stand. My OH was on hand to calm me down and keep me sane, by quipping jokes, as he does have a wicked sense of humour!

What did I learn from going to this event? If you want to do an event like this, get all your own stuff, or borrow before the event from someone reliable, so its down to you to get yourself prepared, rather than waiting on others to do it for you. I am glad I did it, but although I did make sales and a lot of people were very enthusiastic about my stuff, their hands were definitely in their pockets. I had some previous customers come back and that was a nice feeling and I know I've got some new local ones, so that's good.

All in all a positive feeling about the day and I think I was a tiny bit calmer than last time and took some wire wrapping to keep me happy on the day.... I'm hooked on wrapping now and can't wait to get my hands on a hammer and start hammering! and to think I thought I needed to go on a course!

I'll try and post some piccies of my stuff in the next few days and will back saying hello, now that I've returned to my usual eccentric band of (in)sanity!

lotsaluv and kisses and hugs

Jules x

ps I haven't forgotten about posting a piccie about that necklace that wouldn't work, so will get round to that too....

So glad that you got that event under your belt and that you made some sales, I knew you would. Kick back now and relax and know that next time you have the experience of this one and know the pitfalls that might happen. The only way is up now Well done
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

de ja vu i was just kicked off the computer by my oh so i started playing around with wire wrapping something else i could get completely hooked on Doh.

Sounds like you had a great day apart from the wind congratulations, whens your next one lol x

Well done Jules, that's the first one done and dusted and you've come out the other side
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

So glad you're back in one piece, and not sounding very frayed at all!

Well done - now you can have a well-earned rest for a little while. In my experience a very little while

Sounds like you had a great time, reminds me of a time where I had to set up my stand in a gazebo on an airfield, and the gazebo promptly blew away! That was one stressful morning!

Well, if you can come out calmly on the otherside of an event where the gazebo near blew away you can come calmly out of anything.

I did think of you on the day and wonder how it was all going - glad it was a positive experience. Now go book the next one!
    Di x

Default Some of yesterdays jewellery

Hi All,

OK guys, critique time here, please tell me, honestly, what you think of my three latest designs that I had on my stand yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1142.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	186

Name:	DSCF1143.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	187

Name:	DSCF1146.JPG 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	188

Name:	DSCF1160.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	189

I display the jewellery with scarves that I make around the necks, and you know what, I could have sold the scarves loads of times, but the necklaces - not one buyer!

BTW, I had a HUGE amount of interest in my ladybirds! the actual beads and especially the boxes awwww - here's a piccie of one

Name:	DSCF1166.JPG 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	190

I just LOVE those ladybirds and other people obviously do too.... I'm off to catch up on some of my chores for a while - back later on this afternoon

Lotsaluv

Jules x

well i really dont know why the jewellery wasnt selling it al looks great to me, but sounds like you need to do a side line in scarves never know, one might help the other. Ladybirds are terribly popular and i think they often attract people. They just need to get their hands in the pockets for all your other goodies too
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away