Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Spoil My Fun!!

Angry Don't Spoil My Fun!!

I have just bought myself a uv curing light just so I can play with your new Photopolymer Kit...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ppp kit.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	159

Ooooo - I was so excited!!......

But the only photopolymer things I can find on the website are the plate refills...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ppprefill.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	160

And I can't find either in the Cookbook!!

What's a girl to do...except perhaps go paint her nails?

How do I get a Photopolymer Plate Kit into my basket?.....Hmmmmm??

Don't know the answer Barbara, but good grief those refill plates are expensive!!!

I use an imagepac system (the most basic one starts at under £20), which is cured with a regular desk light, and the same size refill plates cost less than £1.70, and less still if bought in bulk.

As far as I can work out, the end results are pretty much identical.

I was gonna buy the kit featured in the Cooksons catalogue this week - out of stock! Now I don't feel so disappointed - sorry Barbara.
    Di x

If you want to have a look at the imagepac system (originally designed for rubber stampers), take a look here:

http://www.imagepacdaylight.co.uk/Default.asp

I can't say I use mine that often (I use art clay only rarely, and barely ever stamp these days) but it's an excellent piece of kit, and very easy to use.

Cheers, George - far more affordable plus the benefit of not needing UV!
    Di x

...but I've gone and got a light now!!.

They do look a lot cheaper don't they? I wonder if they still work with the uv....are they even the same thing??

I get the impression they are liquid filled sachets - am I right? Whereas the Cooksons ones are plates you can cut to the size you want.....

Have you had experience with both types George? Or you Nic? Is there any one who can give a comparative analysis??

When anyone 'Cooksons' comes on line...could they see what is going on with the PPP Kits in the mini catalogue. I know there are at least 2 people in Runcorn who wanted to order it...so multiply this up country wide and you have a lot of disappointed customers!!

....If you haven't got it...don't flaunt it!!....

The image pack ones do fabulous impressions but tend to be a bit more "wibbly"
    (like the jelly like texture stamps that you get from card making suppliers)
    the PPP version is more of a defined thickness and is good for rolling the clay onto.
    The Image pack are better when stamping onto the clay (on top)
    I've found the ppps beter for being on the bottom.
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Hi Barbara!
    Yes, the imagepac system uses a little gel sachet - they come in all sorts of sizes though, and I can usually fit a couple of good images onto even the smallest size (or lots of bits of text to use up the extra space. You can make them a bit harder with extra light curing as well, but I agree with Nic, they do work better on top of the clay rather than underneath. And for both, of course, you have to remember to use reversed images (I still forget this sometimes!)

I used photopolymer plates in the past, with excellent results, but find the imagepac system more convenient tbh, as well as quite a bit cheaper. It does take a bit of experimentation to get the lamp distance right, but the company are incredibly helpful, and actually replaced several sachets for me free of charge at the beginning when I was following the directions and they didn't work perfectly. I can happily send you an example of a stamp made with mine if you like?

I tried searching for the kit advertised in the mini cat to no avail as well. The refils seem to be the only thing showing anywhere on the site.

There are several art clay suppliers that do have the photopolymer kit in stock though
    Last edited by mizgeorge; 31-08-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: extra info

As I am mainly interested in using text, I think the imagepac system would probably be fine for me?
    Di x

Shall I send you one to try Di?