Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Spoil My Fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuranoSilver View Post
    I didn't get on with them but if you or George can use them I'd be glad to help!
    Think they're in my bench drawer at work, I'll have a look tomorrow for them
    Nic x
    I got some of those too and also didn't get on with them.

I can send mine to whoever doesn't get Nic's

I just thought I would let you know that I got my NEW uv light in the post this morning.... It is a lot bigger than I thought so I could do all sorts of stuff with it!! All I need to do now is decide what sort of photopolymer to use in it... I have had a couple of really helpful replies from the 'liquid in sachet' people....so I think they will get my custom - at first anyway! I still don't know what happened to the Cooksons stuff though.... Has anyone had any updates??

Missing even more trade I didn't even know they had them as I only use the website since they charge for catalogue.
    I like the UV PPPs, nice and firm good depth for clay. I get mine from www.pajed.co.uk.
    Also you can use UV light for UV resins....
    Em

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Hi Barbara!
    Yes, the imagepac system uses a little gel sachet - they come in all sorts of sizes though, and I can usually fit a couple of good images onto even the smallest size (or lots of bits of text to use up the extra space. You can make them a bit harder with extra light curing as well, but I agree with Nic, they do work better on top of the clay rather than underneath. And for both, of course, you have to remember to use reversed images (I still forget this sometimes!)

I used photopolymer plates in the past, with excellent results, but find the imagepac system more convenient tbh, as well as quite a bit cheaper. It does take a bit of experimentation to get the lamp distance right, but the company are incredibly helpful, and actually replaced several sachets for me free of charge at the beginning when I was following the directions and they didn't work perfectly. I can happily send you an example of a stamp made with mine if you like?

I tried searching for the kit advertised in the mini cat to no avail as well. The refils seem to be the only thing showing anywhere on the site.

There are several art clay suppliers that do have the photopolymer kit in stock though
    The postie has just come and delivered your little prezzie! Thank you so much George...I can't wait to have a play now!!

Do you only really use the A8 size? I suppose it will be the most practical for pmc use won't it?

I've just looked at the site again ...is there anything else that you recommend I get...what are the exposure salts, and are they really necessary?

I've got loads of acrylic offcuts here which I could back the finished stamps with as I assume this would make them more stable in use - especially if they are better used on top of the pmc. Is there anything else I need to think of??

I must say - I am really impressed with the stamp...when 'wibbly' was mentioned I was expecting the consistancy of a jelly cube but this is really quite firm, isn't it?

It really was good of you to send it George , you are a real sweetie!!

You're welcome Barbara - I thought you might like that design! And yes, any old bit of acrylic works perfectly as a backing. Clear is best so you can see what you're doing - it's one of the nice things about this system rather than the convention rubber texture sheets or stamps.

I do like to use the salts, I think they help harden everything up - I think they're pretty firm. You can also overcure a bit to get an even deeper etch, which can help with very fine designs.

As for size, I think they have a selection pack, and the larger sachets are more economical. However, I tend to want to make things RIGHT NOW and it's a pain having to come up with extra design bits to fill a sheet to justify using a larger one! I definitely use the smallest ones most, and then the a7 for making larger text areas or backgroundy stuff.

If you've got an ink pad knocking around, you can use it on paper too! They're also a very easy way of making your own logo stamps for packaging and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    The postie has just come and delivered your little prezzie! Thank you so much George...I can't wait to have a play now!!

Do you only really use the A8 size? I suppose it will be the most practical for pmc use won't it?

I've just looked at the site again ...is there anything else that you recommend I get...what are the exposure salts, and are they really necessary?

I've got loads of acrylic offcuts here which I could back the finished stamps with as I assume this would make them more stable in use - especially if they are better used on top of the pmc. Is there anything else I need to think of??

I must say - I am really impressed with the stamp...when 'wibbly' was mentioned I was expecting the consistancy of a jelly cube but this is really quite firm, isn't it?

It really was good of you to send it George , you are a real sweetie!!
    What she said - thanks George. I am sold. And I love that design
    Di x

Ooo - I never thought about using them for packaging.....WOW!! ...brain explodes with new ideas!!!

I'll invest in the exposure salts as well then...how much do you use of them each time? They have a 50g or a 350g. How many stamps will the 50g do?

I feel like Christmas has come early!! I just wish I had a bit more time to do things. I've just got some new enamels as well - and I want to have a play with those too!! Well - I guess - at least I'm not a bored housewife!!

My postie was exceptional down-laden this morning:

Lapis Lazuli for a commission piece
    New purchased lampwork beads from Rob
    A lampwork bead pressie from Rob
    Enough jump rings to sink the titanic (for that commission piece - thanks George)
    My sample photopolymer plate
    My order from the P word (and about time too)
    Some AAA Biwa pearls for another commission

Died and gone to heaven - just chocolate needed for Utopia.
    Di x

lol perhaps the P people have a mole on the forum.

Barbara, I have a 50g pot that came with my original kit, and is still going strong three (or it might even be four) years later. I don't make a huge number of stamps now, but I've made a fair quantity in the past, so they certainly last a long time!