Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

Caroline I do not think you are being unreasonable. You have been patience personified. I think others are being naive but if they want to accept things as they are then they can.
    I am being snidely castigated simply for pointing out the law. Which is the law and not discretionary.
    Of course things go wrong...all the time...but it is how a company deals with those problems which speaks loudest.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Hi everyone

Let me apologise for the delay in replying. This query proved to be elusive and it took a while but turned out to be the simplest answer; In August we ran a Silver sale and discounted the price, we then had a glitch and at the end of the sale the price didn't revert automatically as it was supposed to. We spotted the issue in September and reverted to the correct pricing. It looked of course that we had increased prices at a time that silver prices were falling but all we had done was reverted to the equivalent of pre-sale prices.
    So again we apologise for the inconvenience and the time it has taken to respond

kind regards
    Rob
    Hi Rob

Thanks you for your response and explanation.

I note that you are currently having a sale on silver until 11th November so I think this would be a good time to stock up!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryM View Post
    Well as they have kept you informed of the delay I do not see what the problem is, it may be good customer service to offer you some sort of "freebie" but they are under no obligation to do so. SO far I have always found Cooksons very helpful and they have kept me informed of any issues, but this based on ledss than 1 year's trading. I certainly wouldn't move my custom because of 1 slip up over several years, perfection is an unachievable target.
    I think you missed the point of what Caroline was saying. She has had long delays with NO updates and whilst no company is obligated to offer freebies, money off vouchers etc when they screw up, when it is off this magnitude, you would expect them to. And really, I'm sure that Cookesons ~will~ do the right thing by such a longstanding customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
    Hi everyone

Let me apologise for the delay in replying. This query proved to be elusive and it took a while but turned out to be the simplest answer; In August we ran a Silver sale and discounted the price, we then had a glitch and at the end of the sale the price didn't revert automatically as it was supposed to. We spotted the issue in September and reverted to the correct pricing. It looked of course that we had increased prices at a time that silver prices were falling but all we had done was reverted to the equivalent of pre-sale prices.
    So again we apologise for the inconvenience and the time it has taken to respond

kind regards
    Rob
    Thanks for clarifying, Rob. Out of curiosity, is there a specific formula used to work out the price of the crudest forms of sheet and wire such as it will be £x amount on top of days trading price? I know it varies on how much processing, but 2mm sheets seem to be the cheapest form. I'm wondering how the price is arrived at.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Default Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

Apologies if you feel the finger was being pointed at you, the intention was to respond more to the suggestion that legal action should be taken (which was not from you).
    I just get very irritated that whenever there is a problem there is the inevitable cry of "take them to court", once again my apologies.

There is time for litigation and this certainly isn't it, which I think we both agree on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Caroline I do not think you are being unreasonable. You have been patience personified. I think others are being naive but if they want to accept things as they are then they can.
    I am being snidely castigated simply for pointing out the law. Which is the law and not discretionary.
    Of course things go wrong...all the time...but it is how a company deals with those problems which speaks loudest.
    Without wanting to appear snide can you point out which law has actually been breached, specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that court action is probably not indicated here. But it is a wise person who knows their legal position. That brings strength and clarity.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I agree that court action is probably not indicated here. But it is a wise person who knows their legal position. That brings strength and clarity.
    ... and the legal position here is what exactly??

Come on, hurry up...It's all getting exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    Come on, hurry up...It's all getting exciting
    No it's not exciting at all. Misunderstandings like this often mean people leave the forum in a huff and I hate it when that happens.