Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Misunderstandings like this often mean people leave the forum in a huff
    That's their loss, storm in a teacup stuff. Lighten up

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
    That's their loss, storm in a teacup stuff. Lighten up
    I am with you on this Chris, this is not exactly the start of WWlll and is rather trivial - I would just like to know on what basis the other poster thinks that there is some legal implications in this, particularly as he (she?) claim some form of legal expertise.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

I never said it was akin to WW3. That sort of comment is just silly. But so is trivialising and looking down your nose at people who have a complaint. There are legal implications in every purchase whether you like it or not. You may not think that these are important, but I am sure you would be very pleased that they exist if someone mucked your around when you thought you had a deal.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Default Confused about Cookson Silver pricing

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I never said it was akin to WW3. That sort of comment is just silly. But so is trivialising and looking down your nose at people who have a complaint. There are legal implications in every purchase whether you like it or not. You may not think that these are important, but I am sure you would be very pleased that they exist if someone mucked your around when you thought you had a deal.
    I didn't imply that you had said anything about WWIII, I have not "looked down my nose" at people who have complained. All I have asked is in what way THIS particular transaction has the potentiality for legal proceedings as you suggested and have singularly failed to answer.

I have no problem in just forgetting the whole thing, I think my position has been made clear with the rush to litigation that seems to be so popular with some.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I suggest you consult a lawyer. My time after that costs £200 an hour for legal matters
    Now the cat's out the bag..
    I'd jump on every little opportunity to plug my knowledge at that price too.
    Last edited by Gemsetterchris; 05-11-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myosotis View Post
    Hi Rob

Thanks you for your response and explanation.

I note that you are currently having a sale on silver until 11th November so I think this would be a good time to stock up!
    Hi
    We agree! While stocks last? Just joking...

rgds

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, Rob. Out of curiosity, is there a specific formula used to work out the price of the crudest forms of sheet and wire such as it will be £x amount on top of days trading price? I know it varies on how much processing, but 2mm sheets seem to be the cheapest form. I'm wondering how the price is arrived at.
    Hi
    I obviously won't go into specifics of how we arrive at our pricing but it's the elements I feel sure you would expect; Metal intrinsic, finance, manufacturing, overheads, storage & shipping and profit. I assume exactly the same calculations you all have to consider to various degrees
    rgds
    Rob

If it's OK with everyone, I'd like to take the rare action of closing this thread - the question has been answered as I understand it and I'd prefer that it didn't devolve any (further?). There appears to be some miscommunication going on and I don't forsee it getting clarified readily...