Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2014 Theme Competition

Default October 2014 Theme Competition

October 14 Competition Theme: Twilight

Post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 31.10.2014. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at Cooksongold.

The judging process will take place by 07.11.2014. Our Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per category per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cooksongold reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 07.11.2014.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cooksongold.

Twilight to me is that brief window of time between dark and light, when the sun has yet to appear over the horizon but its rays are slowly beginning to shimmer through the mist. Things take on an iridescence, a faint glimmer, and appear diffused as if sketched in pastels and smudged, the sky merging into the sea, the sea into the sand. For these few moments each morning, I feel like I am the only person around for miles and I am free to think, to feel, to see; at peace before the rest of world awakes and many daily grinds begin.

I fell in love with this cabochon of Cheviot Agate. It has sat on my workbench for months now; I knew I wanted to frame it but was not yet confident enough in my stone setting abilities. This competition gave me the push to do it and, although not perfect, I am pleased with the end result. The setting was intricate enough to stretch me and learn from, but simple enough so as not to detract from the stone’s beauty. Now, wearing it, catching a glimpse of it in the mirror and, even just reaching up to touch it, all evoke the feeling of That Twilight Moment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	That Twilight Moment (2).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	6773
    Last edited by Pickle; 22-10-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Lovely work and what a wonderful post!
    Love the stone too!

What a poet. Lovely piece.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

That is a lovely pendant and lovely story

As the nights draw in, I find I have the company of a few bats dashing around my home. And so I thought I would make something, other than a ten minute video, to celebrate this wonderful visitor to my garden.

Attachment 6776

Lovely work Wallace and Pickle,....I love your idea of twighlight Pickle!!

Loving the bat Wallace!
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

Very poetic Pickle, I love that time too.

Cute bat and clever suspension solution Wallace.

I'm thinking how on earth to capture that short time in jewellery, then as I pondered an idea came to me. How do I photograph it though!

So my thought was the warm yellow glow that shines from windows at twighlight, when people start to light their homes and it is still not quite dark. I have lit this house from behind with candle light to give an impression of my idea.

I made this house for an exhibition that was going the the USA , representing life in Bideford UK, where some of the earliest settlers to America set sail in the 1500's. This is a representation of the house where Sir Richard Grenville was born it was known know to be this house due to the 'Coat of Arms' found above the fireplace on the second floor. I used flaking gold to show the area of the painting and engraved it with a loose approximation of the Coat of Arms . The whole house measures approx 5cm across. It was a nice project to do and I still have a love of making tiny houses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	6778

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-23 11.03.04.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	6777

wow, some fabulous items this month! Good luck to all
    Sian Williamson