Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A few recent items/photos from my first little market stall.

Thanks Shaun
    I will try that, I have a few pieces I made up just as demo pieces that I need to clean out at some point so will try those

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thanks Shaun
    I will try that, I have a few pieces I made up just as demo pieces that I need to clean out at some point so will try those

P.s. - Drop of dish-soap in the water! ',;~}~

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The traditional stuff for finishing acrylic is Vonax, which comes on a dull green waxy bar and polishes brilliantly with a soft cotton mop. One bar will last a life time.

http://www.cooksongold.com/Jewellery...prcode-998-208
    Dennis, I just wanted to say thanks very much for this, I got some and its BRILLIANT! finished my resin 'emeralds off beautifully!

Dennis, I just wanted to say thanks very much for this, I got some and its BRILLIANT! finished my resin 'emeralds off beautifully!

I must admit I've had my eye on this since Dennis mentioned it and a bar will be in my next order from Cookson too ',;~}~

It really has done a fantastic job Shaun, I put it on with a felt bob then polished with a calico mop and was amazed!

It really has done a fantastic job Shaun, I put it on with a felt bob then polished with a calico mop and was amazed!
    Excellent! I put some on my order today - my usual rouge and my green chromium (aka 'green rouge') do work but it takes a lot of fuss to get it right sometimes as they're really not for plastics at all - in some cases the only way to get it to work is to soak my smallest polishing mop with water and dish soap before applying the compound, then buff it wet for a good while. This can be very messy at the speeds required heheheh...

Can't wait to see if this stuff improves my process and results - cheers again!

',;~}~

Shaun.