Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A few recent items/photos from my first little market stall.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Townsend View Post
    Possibly, but there may be restrictions due to chemicals etc etc - All I know is I can't buy it off the shelf

You need to move somewhere else then Paul! ',;~}~

Shaun.

Caroline, Dennis! - Glad you like that one - took a fair bit of work, to make it work ',;~}~

Cheers! ',;~}~

Shaun.

Thanks very much for the info Shaun,
    What do you use to polish with?

Loving the resin stuff, especially the wave piece!

Never worked with resin, although I have the stuff here ready, just too many cool things to do when it comes to making jewellery! So easy to get side tracked...

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

Another one here particularly loving the wave pendant.....I love the resin detail/design/colours, but also just how well it is executed, the bezel, etc are even, flat and so well done....nice work Shaun!!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Thanks very much for the info Shaun,
    What do you use to polish with?
    Hi Sarah - I use wet and dry up to 1200 grit, then (~5 micron) rouge polish block, followed by a (~3 micron) green chrome polish block, felt bobs in places and soft cotton wheels to finish.

If the resin is still a little softer than I'd like, or if the weather is hot, or even sometimes 'just because', I do the last mechanical polish with wetted cotton buffing wheels on high speed.

I also on occasion use (often expensive) 4 sided acrylic nail buffing blocks after the wet and dry, or if I finish up polishing then find scratches that still need to be dealt with.

HTH!

',;~}~

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by camalidesign View Post
    Loving the resin stuff, especially the wave piece!

Never worked with resin, although I have the stuff here ready, just too many cool things to do when it comes to making jewellery! So easy to get side tracked...

Carin

It can be great fun indeed, however I do find it messy and time consuming, and for the styles of casting I mostly do, also quite involved with *custom vacuum and pressure cycles needed to get good results, and for that really hard final cure a curing **oven is also a must unless one is prepared to leave the pieces at room temperature for a couple of months before working them!

Cheers!

Shaun.

*High powered vacuum pump with a settable vacuum level control (anything over ~23hg vacuum and most of these resins boil-up, then heat up and cure in minutes!), and then innitially cured at around 35-40C under pressure. My pump and control I built myself from an industrial refrigeration pump and various other bits and pieces.

**My curing oven is a little fan assisted 'toaster oven' rigged to a PID temperature controller and thermocouple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Another one here particularly loving the wave pendant.....I love the resin detail/design/colours, but also just how well it is executed, the bezel, etc are even, flat and so well done....nice work Shaun!!

Thanks so much for saying so Tabby! Much appreciated ',;~}~

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Shaun you are a star! thanks for sharing so much info!
    My pleasure - just don't tell everybody or I'll have no secrets and no job left lol!

Shaun.