Thread: polishing cloth

Default polishing cloth

hi there,
    need advice about silver polishing cloth,what is the best polishing cloth to use?
    thank you

The Goddards polishing cloth does well enough for most jobs and is available from Hardware stores, supermarkets and department stores, or on-line.

Some members like the Sunshine Cloth, which is rather more messy as it is heavily charged with polish and feels unpleasant to the fingers.

All these cloths are useful for a quick freshen up, but won't get into crevices. They will also lightly remove patination, after using LOS, so can brighten the highlights for an antique effect.

A deeper clean for tarnished silver, copper and brass can be achieved with Goddards Silver Dip, but some members intuitively disapprove of this.

Lastly anti-tarnish tabs, widely available on line will keep items free from discolouration if in a closed container or bag. Town Talk brand are a good option, because they are printed to explain what they do. Dennis

I use a teeny tiny bit of this http://www.suttontools.co.uk/menzern...ing-cream.html with a soft polishing cloth,....smear it on and rub it off....great to brighten anything up pre-fairs or sending out!!

Just remember to keep the cloth clean and free from ANY bits of "stuff" or you will scratch the item you're polishing. Keep the cloth in a plastic bag and don't put it down anywhere. I know it's obvious, but it is easy to forget and end up with a scratch on your items

Thank you very much guys.

Thank you Steve lao it is true simple things like this can cause a lot of damaged ��

Thank u I get one of this

I need to buy the anti tarnish tab,gutted not keeping those tabs when Im buying new bag..��