Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: JoolTool

How about Steve in chiffon, didn't we decide I was being sexist? Better give him the option

He just doesn't have the chest for it Caroline.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    He just doesn't have the chest for it Caroline.
    Caroleallen,
    Chiffon or Lady Godiva dress is fine, just please pass on the Botox.

I just can't understand that one? "Oh, I'm getting some botox injections in my face, do you think anyone will notice?"
    Yeah lady, they are going to notice that your face cheeks are paralyzed with, botulinum toxin type A, which comes from the Clostridium botulinum bacterium--the same organism that causes the food poisoning known as botulism.

Her cheeks were big enough to get caught in the jool tool!

So, is the housing Plastic or Aluminum? I mean the jool tool, not Anne. It would be a great way to sharpen wood working chisels because they face you as you work. I think I have better set up's for knife & scissor sharpening.

Though it may work well for you to touch your stuff around the home & shop.

Please give a full report!

Thanks.

Laurence

Quote Originally Posted by rhinofingerskins View Post
    So, is the housing Plastic or Aluminum? I mean the jool tool, not Anne. It would be a great way to sharpen wood working chisels because they face you as you work. I think I have better set up's for knife & scissor sharpening.
    Slack belt or one of the jigged systems?

I met a guy on my last 1st aid requal who was running a company extracting Botox. We had a fascinating discussion on the security issues of growing the stuff en masse.

Full report coming soon but we're still suffering from the lurgy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinofingerskins View Post
    Caroleallen,
    Chiffon or Lady Godiva dress is fine, just please pass on the Botox.

I just can't understand that one? "Oh, I'm getting some botox injections in my face, do you think anyone will notice?"
    Yeah lady, they are going to notice that your face cheeks are paralyzed with, botulinum toxin type A, which comes from the Clostridium botulinum bacterium--the same organism that causes the food poisoning known as botulism.

Her cheeks were big enough to get caught in the jool tool!

Though it may work well for you to touch your stuff around the home & shop.

Please give a full report!

Thanks.

Laurence

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Slack belt or one of the jigged systems?

I met a guy on my last 1st aid requal who was running a company extracting Botox. We had a fascinating discussion on the security issues of growing the stuff en masse.
    Peter,
    I prefer slack belt freehand sharpening for knives. You get a slightly con vexed or what's called Apple seed or Bullet grind edge that cuts that the dickens and lasts a long time. You can cut circles in food, very easily since you have increased sectional density with more steel behind the cutting edge making it much more durable.

I wouldn't choose growing Clostridium botulinum bacterium as an occupation but I'm sure he makes big $$$ with it. Or Dies?

This review is for Carin.

The Jooltool is now screwed down and fully functional. I'll list the functions:

1. The grinding pad - I've used this to grind off big sprues, sharpen tools (including a chisel which was so sharp I cut my finger on it!) and filing off large amounts of silver

2. The "scratch eraser" is probably my favourite bit. It's great for removing scratches and preparing the piece for polishing. It cleans and softens the edges of rings and bangles beautifully. I can clean off the edges of tiny pieces which have been laser cut.

3. The polishing pad is great for polishing tiny pieces. Because things don't get very hot, I can happily hold them either with bare fingers or with rhino skins. I've just finished polishing 20 pendants today with no burned fingers at all. It's really best for polishing flat pieces as it won't get into small crevices like a normal mop.

4. The polishing mop I don't use much as I have a polishing motor. I find it a bit awkward to use as you have to hold the piece at a funny angle.

5. The big radial disc I also don't use much for much the same reason.

I love the fact that with most of the discs you can see the surface of your piece as you grind or polish and you can hold your piece in 2 hands. I also love that pieces stay fairly cool. It doesn't entirely replace the polishing motor but I'm using the Jooltool more. If you have a pendant drill or micromotor as well, you've got it covered.

My verdict is that it's a brilliant bit of kit and I wonder how I managed without it. In fact the girls and I love it so much that I may get another as we're all fighting over it!

Out of interest, how easy is it to collect lemel generated?

I have a filter in my vacuum cleaner, so if I was using a lot of gold, I'd send that off. As I don't, it's not really an issue for me.

Thanks for that Carole!

OK, I was hoping it would replace a bench polisher, but it sounds like you use that instead for polishing, although you say I should be OK if I have a micromotor to use for this. Not sure that is quite as good as using larger mops on a bench polisher though?

I do like the sound of the grinding pad (for silver but also I guess for some cutting on beach pebbles in my case) and the "scratch eraser", and I think you can also get discs for polishing stones which would be handy for me. I was quite interested in the large radial discs (love using them on my Proxxon), but if you have to hold pieces at a funny angle then perhaps not much used in my case either. Same for the polishing mop.

Still have some thinking to do I think! I am very interested though, and the fact that you are considering getting another one is very encouraging!

I will definitely be gettig a micromotor, but then the choice is between a bench polisher or the JoolTool... The quest goes on!

Thanks again Carole!

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com