Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JoolTool

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I use that vet tape (horse tape and also sports tape) - it is flexible and comfy to wear and available in a few colours, although I get mine in black. Self sticking and doesn't go ridged like the green mesh tape that is about. I get mine from ebay. Peter may know a good stockist.

Unfortunately, we get through vet wrap rather more than I'd like. I don't tend to use the 3M stuff - it's great, but none of them stay on successfully for long so the 99p rolls in e.g. Mole Valley Stores (or Countrywide, or...) are usually good enough.

The trouble with us is that we're polishing on and off all day every day and between the 4 of us, we'd be getting through rolls of the stuff. We use the leather finger protectors from Cooksons, but they don't really do the job well enough. I did notice that Rio Grande do some protectors called Rhino Finger Skins but I don't know if they'd be much better. If only I lived in the States! When I go over to visit my son in Denver in May, I'll have to go with an empty suitcase!

Just looked up the Rhino Finger skins Carole and since I am currently suffering 2 buffed away and bleeding thumbs I have to say they look very impressive......green tape has mostly done the job today and will be well used tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    I am currently suffering 2 buffed away and bleeding thumbs
    Tis why I like rubber wheels rather than buff paper these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Just looked up the Rhino Finger skins Carole and since I am currently suffering 2 buffed away and bleeding thumbs I have to say they look very impressive......green tape has mostly done the job today and will be well used tomorrow!!!
    Wonder if Cooksons could consider looking into getting something better.

I think I'd just get a pair of snug neoprene gloves and cut the fingers off Carole... You've probably even got a local dive/surf shop around

Mmm, that's a good idea George. Does neoprene protect from heat?

To a fair extent - they're usually designed to protect from cold, so should do the job. I'm pretty sure that's what the rhino skins are made of as well.