Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JoolTool

It did make me laugh when she did the safety video about keeping hair tied back and then proceeded to flick it out.

Still, if Rio Grande think its good, I may have the last laugh when I have burn-free fingers. I'm going to give it a go and will let you sceptics know.

I've looked at it before, so I'd love to know how you get on with it Carole. I wonder which kit includes the botox?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I've looked at it before, so I'd love to know how you get on with it Carole. I wonder which kit includes the botox?
    I didn't like to mention the Botox George! Maybe it's a prerequisite for use along with the chiffon

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    I may have the last laugh when I have burn-free fingers. I'm going to give it a go and will let you sceptics know.
    I think she may have the last laugh, we may all end up with one yet.
    Can't wait for your review.

Just to add to the sarky comments, she also has nails and clean white pinkies. My nails are fairly short as I cant pick things up and my hands are normally blackish when doing jewellery, even though I have a clean hands "fettish", dont mind dirty as much, but if sticky have to wash and scrub.

Sarky comments aside, regarding the machine I'm uncertain about it for the following reasons:

It has a 12VDC motor. Ohms Law would suggest that the chances of this having any serious power are limited - 0.5HP at 12V requires around 30A even before any losses are taken into account.
    The casing appears to be predominantly plastic, which I would avoid for heavy-use workshop tooling.
    Supply of abrasives - I get very twitchy about only being able to keep machinery fed by purchasing supplies overseas, I always like to have the option of resupply in the same country.
    I've yet to find a tool that's trying to be a jack-of-all-trades to be successful in any of them.

But... To verify that would require actually buying one as there's no easy way to try one out in the UK.

I read somewhere that the casing for the new model is made of aluminium, so hopefully not too plastic. I also agree about having to buy supplies from overseas, but I checked with them and they say that it will polish up to 10,000 pieces before the abrasive discs need to be replaced. I'm also a lover of 3M products, so that's a plus.

If you notice Pat, she always wears that protective tape stuff around her beautifully manicured nails. I shall be sporting such nails from now on!

I shall either be very smug or very red faced!

When I bought my power hone from the states I'm sure they had to adapt it somehow for European electrics?

It works off 240v so should be OK.

Dual voltage tolerant PSU I'd hope from reading the specs available.

My Tom White power hone also had to be ordered as 220VAC specifically.

I'm also keen on 3M's offerings, but sourcing many of them in the UK is a pain. All 3M will tell you is to talk to a local stockist, who generally won't bother. That said, Moleroda might be able to help - just had a word with them about my Saeshin micromotor and they're happy to sort spares & repairs if/when it needs it.