Thread: Lesson

Default Lesson

After a lot of searching for what area of jewellery making I want to start in I came across this image of a ring in a magazine I bought today. Is there any tutorials I can buy and steam online that will go into depth on how to create rings like this. There was a tutorial on how it was made but I want a tutorial that will cover the tools and more of the techniques that are used.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Dear Jon,

Stones like that are not readily available, if they even are stones. The rest is easy enough when you have had a few dozen projects under your belt.

So why make something problematic , when you can more easily make a simple ring within your capacity. I suggest you get yourself a beginners' book with plenty of basic projects and a full description of the tools required for each.

Once you have completed a few pieces successfully, you will be bursting with ideas of what to make next.

Welcome to the forum Dennis.

Thanks for the advice Dennis. Yeah in the tutorial they had to cut and polish the stones from a block. I shall look for a good book for beginners.
    Cheers