Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durston polishing motor

Yes that was them, they weren't the nicest to deal with, he was a bit of a grumpy sod! Can't even think how I found them, I must have just trawled the internet. I wonder how they managed to sell them so cheaply.
    I looked them up recently and couldn't find them so assumed they had been a small business and just shut down. I did worry about what would happen if it needed repaired, touch would it's still fine but a bit of a noisy horse and takes up a huge amount of room. Has great welly though for polishing and I don't use anything else. Still have my 1/2hp motor I bought in 1979 if I ever need a back up.

I don't think they actually had a proper website and I had to buy it by phone
    Last edited by CJ57; 21-09-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks for the info.
    From what I can see the Dustmaster has one of the highest extraction rates around. That may account for the noise. Your ears may not benefit, but your lungs will probably appreciate the efficient extraction in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurarius View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    From what I can see the Dustmaster has one of the highest extraction rates around. That may account for the noise. Your ears may not benefit, but your lungs will probably appreciate the efficient extraction in the long run.
    That's good to know although I'm afraid with years of using rouge it still manages to get everywhere and I still wear a mask, overalls and a scarf round my head, glasses and if I can take it ear defenders but then it all gets a bit claustrophobic. it's all a lovely sight! I still haven't found Luxi to suit me as well but maybe I have to persevere for a cleaner environment
    At college we had a polishing booth which is probably the best idea if you have masses of room
    This is me apparently, although I don't recognise that woman!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	6628

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Ooops! I looked, and with the discount.... argggh. So, now I have For sale: one foredom multispeed polishing machine and one cowl. I have opened up a new thread if anyone is interested in purchasing it.
    Last edited by Wallace; 21-09-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: moved info to new thread

Dammit, I'm not on commission!!! (AND presumably you got the 15% off.... Grrmp)

totally, you should at least get the benefit of the discount now.

One difference between that & your Foredom - this isn't variable speed. TBH, I'm not convinced of a need for that, but if you want to speed it up, use bigger wheels.

The cabinet on this seems quite robust, but watch out for ricochets

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    One difference between that & your Foredom - this isn't variable speed. TBH, I'm not convinced of a need for that, but if you want to speed it up, use bigger wheels.

The cabinet on this seems quite robust, but watch out for ricochets
    thanks for the reminder. The little one is fab, I do love it, but it will be totally redundant - is my guess. I am hoping to start working with some peeps who have asked for some tutoring, so two speeds (on and off) may be a good thing (I hope) I have different wheels, so will enjoy testing them all out. Must admit the soft cotton fluffy one is my favourite.