Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first year

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default first year

Hi everyone,

I seem to come here in bits and bobs lately. My apologies - I do love coming here and contributing to the knowledge and skill base (where I can), have a giggle and sometimes send the threads in a new direction. I have been trying to sell my house, get my first year of trading as a full time 'metal smith who can do some stone setting', keep a regular presence up on FB as this really has helped my business so much, still volunteer in social care stuff, and see my son finish his last year at school and now move on to Uni.

So much in one year when I thought it was going to be quiet. I have had my busiest year, had lots of sales, learned so much and developed my skills, because I now have time to see and do to make that happen. I am at a skill empasse though, I want to learn more smithing as I do love moving the metal, but time, funds and stuff keep getting in the way. So, back to the books, videos and supported learning (probably better than self learning, although trial and error have produced interesting results).

Anyhoo, I digress - please do say some sort of hello or natter of sorts, it has been a while. Really do miss the natter, banter and opportunities for new skills and knowledge.

xx
    Last edited by Wallace; 19-09-2014 at 07:26 PM.

How lovely to see you sweetie - you have been very much missed xx

Hope the house saga resolves itself satisfactorily before too long!

Hi Wallace. I replied on the other thread but I'm sorry to hear your house sale fell through. Good to hear from you again. Keep banging away - at the metal, I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    How lovely to see you sweetie - you have been very much missed xx

Hope the house saga resolves itself satisfactorily before too long!
    thank you my lovely G xx It will be fine. I love my home, and now decided to take it off the market. It just isn't quite right for students a the moment - need a handy man to sort some things out! lol

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Hi Wallace. I replied on the other thread but I'm sorry to hear your house sale fell through. Good to hear from you again. Keep banging away - at the metal, I mean!
    aww, thank you Carole, hehehehe, I will do my best. xx
    Last edited by Wallace; 19-09-2014 at 07:45 PM.

What a year Wallace,.....good to hear from you (though I do see you on FB ;D), keep up the good work and here is to more success this coming year!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    What a year Wallace,.....good to hear from you (though I do see you on FB ;D), keep up the good work and here is to more success this coming year!! xx
    we do indeed hehehe thank you and you too - fairs maybe next. Eeek! lol

Hi Im new so can't really say welcome back lol but did want to say I love your jewellery designs

Knew you were working hard cos I also see you on Facebook. Glad to see you back. XX

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Hi Im new so can't really say welcome back lol but did want to say I love your jewellery designs
    well thank you kindly for the warm reply aww, you are so lovely to say such lovely things . Love your horses, they are totally cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Knew you were working hard cos I also see you on Facebook. Glad to see you back. XX
    Working all hours that my brain and fingers allow, besides all the other things. Thank Pat xx

I hadn't noticed your absence, probably because of FB. I'm glad the work you have put into social media is paying off. I am making careful notes