Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first year

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    I hadn't noticed your absence, probably because of FB. I'm glad the work you have put into social media is paying off. I am making careful notes
    Thanks Mrs M. It has made a huge difference and just entering the weekly comp is exhausting! But that too has helped.

heh, well I snoop via the other half's FB as I don't have one. He was very enamoured with your fox.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    heh, well I snoop via the other half's FB as I don't have one. He was very enamoured with your fox.
    hehehe, thank you for saying so. He has good taste obvs. I had to revisit that because it seemed unfinished and I am much happier now. I think the price is okay on it, time will tell.

did you see I checked up on the smiths torch? it is a genuine one, but minus the tips, which shocked me at their replacement price! (there is a jaw dropping gif somewhere, but let's just imagine you can see it) hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    hehehe, thank you for saying so. He has good taste obvs. I had to revisit that because it seemed unfinished and I am much happier now. I think the price is okay on it, time will tell.

did you see I checked up on the smiths torch? it is a genuine one, but minus the tips, which shocked me at their replacement price! (there is a jaw dropping gif somewhere, but let's just imagine you can see it) hehe
    he has fab taste. I haven't had to buy any of my own clothes for years, I leave it all to him, no kidding.

I missed the torch thing. I've been threatening to go and see Carole for ages and compare hers with mine in order to confirm that it is a copy or I'm just rubbish at using it. I keep getting hit with deadlines though, and if I don't have one, then one somehow creeps up on me.

I miss my chap doing that for me.

ah, do you think yours isn't and from the same seller? Deadlines, I don't miss them from my old job and haven't managed to be busy enough that I they get near, one day! lol

I dunno about the torch. I bought it ages ago and just can't get on with it. flame keeps blowing out and it takes 3x as long to melt a bit of scrap as my little butane one. It's not really a problem at the moment, but I have ambitions to do some bigger stuff.

Hello hello!
    We pass like ships in the night on FB! I fully get you, this has been my most important (in terms of knowing what I want to do and doing it) but also frustrating (mr's bipolar has been an evil b***ch this year, and we are just dealing with the news our little boy has aspergers syndrome and starting the long road of school & doctor referrals). However, I love that you can always dip in and out of here. I've got to make around 40 pieces in the next month, so am going to be spending more time away than usual. Nice to see you on here x

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    Hello hello!
    We pass like ships in the night on FB! I fully get you, this has been my most important (in terms of knowing what I want to do and doing it) but also frustrating (mr's bipolar has been an evil b***ch this year, and we are just dealing with the news our little boy has aspergers syndrome and starting the long road of school & doctor referrals). However, I love that you can always dip in and out of here. I've got to make around 40 pieces in the next month, so am going to be spending more time away than usual. Nice to see you on here x
    sounds like a very long road, schools can be a nightmare, but don't let them get to you.xx

in and out and ships in the night work for me. Sounds like you are also very busy, which is totally fab. x Lovely to speak with peeps thank you for posting xx

Hi Wallace,

Great to hear from you on here. I must say that I am very much a sporadic visitor/user, life and work gets in the way... But I always know where to come for advice and support which is absolutely invaluable! Used to be the "other forum" but this feels like home since it's got pretty much the same crowd as used to be there, on here now.

I also see your stuff on Facebook now and then, keep up the good work, great to hear your "first year" is going well and I hope the house business gets sorted soon too.

Carin
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com