Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Threaded on Threads

Emma has probably got a photo shop of some sort but i downloaded picassa from google its free and you can change light, crop etc.

Default I can do it to

Its just a matter of using computer software Panda - sometimes it comes as part of the standard software on your pc. I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager for this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails retouched.jpg  
    Di x

I'd love to be able to use photoshop or similar but I just don't think I'd ever master it. Is there a simple programme for Macs that people could recommend. Maybe this should be another thread.

I'm loving both lots of bracelets by the way. I know I'd never have the patience though.

Aw, Carole, I wish I could help but I know nothing about Macs (other than that they always seem very desirable to me)
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Emma has probably got a photo shop of some sort but i downloaded picassa from google its free and you can change light, crop etc.
    I use Picassa for cropping and uploading to the web so I can add photos to forums and my etsy. But I haven't looked into changing the colours of backgrounds yet. I have been worried that I would change the colour of the beads and doing so would misrepresent them. But what you guys have done doesn't seem to have had that effect. I will go and play a bit.

Caroleallen, My husband has a mac and he uses I-photo he says its good but I don't know how expensive it is. He got it as part of his mac package.

iPhoto's not really great for photo manipulation, it's more for keeping them in albums. It can do some basic stuff, but I wouldn't go with it for this.

For the Mac - if you want a full-fledged Photoshop-alike try out the Macintosh version of GIMP (scroll down to where it says GIMP on OS X). It's free and open source and can do a whole bundle of things. It has the whole range of tools, so can be a bit complicated, but you can always ignore everything that's not related to what you're doing.

If you want something easier, you can try GraphicConverter. It's shareware, so you can try it for a while before deciding if you want to register it. It's a lot simpler, but can do levels and colour correction (and unsharp mask if necessary) with fairly obvious sliders and previews so you can see what effect you're having. (It's also very good for converting from one image file format to another, in case you ever need to do that!)

There are almost certainly lots of others - try googling for Mac OS X photo editing software and see what comes up. There should be plenty of free ones that you can try out.

ETA: Pixelmator looks quite shiny - has a 30-day free trial.
    Last edited by Kalorlo; 11-09-2009 at 09:07 AM.

I was just going to suggest GIMP (I do use photoshop) which is a great free program. Or you can buy photoshop elements. There are lots of filters you can buy online that remove colour casts. Then I just brightened it. Best way is not to get a colour cast in the first place, check your white balance if you can- set it to daylight rather than auto.
    Em