Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Threaded on Threads

Hi Emerald,

Ah, Fireline, I haven't used that one. How does it compare to dandyline, C-Lon and Nymo? I've got those and find that they knot and snag... perhaps that's why you use Fireline - it saves your sanity!

Jules x

i only tried nymo .... nightmare these where the first ones i had made and i had read a report in one of the bead magazines about fireline and it said it dident need conditioning and it dident knot.

Hi Jo,
    Thanks for that, I'll def. give it a go.

Speak later
    Jules x

Emerald I LOVE those bracelets, espesh the purple one!

I'd love to have a go at making something similar, but I wouldn't know where to start! Would you mind giving me a few pointers? Maybe where to find a useful tutorial or two....

Then again you may want to keep your methods a secret, I'll understand if you do

lol Alexandra a hadent attempted anything like this either till i saw a tutorial in Beads and Beyond Feb 2009 i dont mind sharing or you might still be able to get a back copy, these photos arent brill but they wiil give you an idea, the first has one fringe attached and the second i am working on is in the process of the second fringe .

You start with a length of threaded beads on tigertail 25cm and size 8 seed beads with both ends attached to clasp and then you start sewing on the bead fringe, i started with a row of seed beads and then built it up with other bits and pieces. Attach some thread a few beads into the bracelet and secure then start adding beads 4 or 5 and take you needle into the next but one bead miss two and add another and you keep adding going back and fourth until you reach your desired fullness of bracelet although 4 rows are usually enough and it gets harder as you go to get the threads through the bead.
    Hope this makes sense if not google Beaded Fringe bracelet a really good site came up HGTV but i couldent attach it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0486.jpg   DSCF0487.jpg  
    Last edited by Emerald; 31-08-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: no attachment

Ooh yay! Thanks for he helpful info
    Prob won't be attempting this for a while as I'm a bit busy at the mo, but i look forward to giving it a go soon!
    (Might be bugging you later when I get stuck!)

wow, wonderful great colours. so much work (much respect )
    how much do you sell them for (if you don't mind asking). Love the purple and blue ones....
    Em

Hi Emma no i dont mind you asking , i never intended to make them to sell until i had done a few and the time got quicker and quicker, i sell them for 49.00 for a bracelet with a tibetan toggle clasp or if they want silver i add another 8.00. I dont sell many but those that have them love them and its usually there friends that order the next one.

They are lovely, great value for all that work.
    Em

it is but all the beads are glass and so not costing a fortune so most of the money is for your own time it took me ages to decide on a price and if one lady hadent been so persistent i probably would never have sold them but i dident think they warranted going over the 50 mark as the materials used where so cheap.