Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooksons new website :-(

Default Cooksons new website :-(

Sorry guys, I hate it, now have to scroll down the page to do stuff, before it was all nice and neat with minimal scrolling if any, even on the checkout page, you have a "checkout now" button near the top but unless you scroll down to the other button near the bottom you get sent to the "tick the box to approve terms" , a box which is towards the bottom of the page. Huge big pictures that take up too much of the page and not (imho) needed. Have smaller pictures with a "hover here to enlarge" section.

I have just ditched one of my e-cart hosts as they have updated their templates to the same format, (seems many hosts are doing it). In the early days it was good design to have it all on one visible page, without scrolling everywhere, scolling makes me dislike a site, and I am sure many others will feel the same. Buying should be an easy and simple experience, the less frustrating the better, but so many sites seem to be ignoring this fact now, is it something to do with support for multiple devices I wonder?
    Whislt I will still be buying I felt I should make my feelings known, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" as they say, the old site was much much better for me.
    Cheers
    G
    Last edited by Green Monster; 08-09-2014 at 03:34 PM.

I haven't actually used it yet but at a first glance, I like the look at it. It seems a bit more user friendly but I'll see how I get on when I order.

Not entirely convinced. I'm sure it's supposed to be tablet/mobile friendly, but the seemingly endless scrolling drives me potty too. I like being able to find the bottom of the page, where all sorts of useful stuff is often hidden.

On the positive side, it's much less cluttered, and seems to be far less social media dominated. I'll see what happens when I try to buy stuff tomorrow...

I like it, but can't find the search button. Haven't tried it on my mobile yet which is key (for my panic buying at the studio!)

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaNiz View Post
    I like it, but can't find the search button. Haven't tried it on my mobile yet which is key (for my panic buying at the studio!)
    Hi Lydia,

On desktop, the Search button is just to the right of the CooksonGold logo and on mobile, it is just underneath it

I don't think I like it, but I'm a miserable old git and I don't like change

hhhhmmm.....taken aback....agree it's less cluttered......had to hunt endlessly to find a link to the forum.... ....there seem to be some important avenues such as this, that are very well hidden....not ordered or given myself chance to be familiar with the new layout yet......reserving judgement......:-/

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    hhhhmmm.....taken aback....agree it's less cluttered......had to hunt endlessly to find a link to the forum.... ....there seem to be some important avenues such as this, that are very well hidden....not ordered or given myself chance to be familiar with the new layout yet......reserving judgement......:-/
    Hi Tabby66,

The link to the forum is under the heading 'Community'

Thanks for your comments about the new website.

The site is different to the old one, but the same functionality is there. All the changes are based on feedback from our regular customer surveys, and testing we completed with customers and using analytical software. Our aim was to make it easier to shop (on all devices) with the main pages easier/quicker to access.

Rather than stand still the website will continue evolve with more features being added each month. We're still bedding down and we're working through the night to make sure everything works.

Please continue to give us feedback, we do listen and we can and do change.

So site is fine on chrome, my problems arose when viewing it through (old) IE on my laptop. Can see the search fine in Chrome (it is very obvious), but cannot see it in IE. Nor is it possible to complete checkout in the version I have on there as the postage options do not display. All fine in Chrome so I will use that!
    ETA: new site on mobile (android) is dreamy compared to the old one. Excellent!