Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Torch Questions (yes, again, sorry!)

Me again, sorry. I thought the Orca could use the same gas bottles as my Rothenberger, but I can't see any way to attach the hose to this bottle. Am I being really thick or do I need a different bottle of gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My MAPP bottles don't look like that - they have a screw thread on the neck of the bottle - like this: http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/f...5-IMGP0973.jpg - I wonder if there's an adapter to create a screw on neck for the maxigas version?

Ah, so it looks like the canisters I buy are specific to the fittings of my 120L torch - these: http://www.transtools.co.uk/hand-too...FSuWtAoddj0AVg

And instead I think these are what I need: http://www.transtools.co.uk/hand-too...-bottle-400gms

Does the second link look like the right thing?

Thanks for your help George

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLauren View Post
    Does the second link look like the right thing?
    Yes, but you can get Mapp cheaper here, as well as reasonably priced propane.
    If you bought your Orca from Suttons it should have come with one adapter as standard: the one for the larger rental propane tanks. The adapter you've pictured is the one for the smaller disposable tanks, which is obviously the one you need if these are the tanks you want to use.

i bougth a flame gun from ebay cost me 4 something then a butane gas cannister in b&m (4.99)4pcs (uk) works brilliant for me,even a bangle that hard to fire works perfect,lasted longer than i expected

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpecker View Post
    i bougth a flame gun from ebay cost me 4 something then a butane gas cannister in b&m (4.99)4pcs (uk) works brilliant for me,even a bangle that hard to fire works perfect,lasted longer than i expected
    Could you please explain this in more detail?

how to get a photo?lol i used weller before but this new one is really good for me..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flame gun.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	6612
    3.79 ebay flame gun or gas torch
    Last edited by flowerpecker; 18-09-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Yes that is a hand held torch for small Do It Yourself plumbing jobs. It is mentioned throughout our conversations about torches.

A flame thrower is a much larger affair used to burn away unwanted outdoor plants or as an aggressive weapon. Language is a funny thing, isn't it? regards, Dennis.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

I don't think he mentioned flamethrower, he called it a "flame gun" which is the make. Just me being pedantic (one of my irritating faults I have to admit) 😕
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

It's me jumping the gun, Barry. Flame Gun is not a brand I have come across, though I do quite a bit of browsing. Apologies are due to flowerpecker too then. Dennis.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Fl...C8PH8gfKz4HIDw
    Last edited by Dennis; 19-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.